E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2007 E60 M5 Central electronics module issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 12:48 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E60 M5
Model Year: E60 M5 2007
Default 2007 E60 M5 Central electronics module issue

I started coding with the Carly adapter a few years back, & I think it finally fried my Central electronics module better known as the control body module. Everything worked fine for a while but then I started noticing things I coded, for example welcome lights turning on when you unlock the car started not working half the time. Then ultimately I started getting a bunch of error codes. Abs, powering steering went out, Electronic dampening control, start off assistance, check battery terminals, idrive screen started flashing on and off. The cluster would glitch and I would be going 60 mph and my speedometer was at 0 mph. The music would stop playing then come back on. The latest thing is my sunroof will only open a little bit at a time. My battery was well overdue to be replaced so I did that. I took it for a a drive and everything was fine for about 30 min. Then it happened again, but only one error msg went off. It didn't give me like 5 different error codes. The sunroof is still only opening a little bit at a time and the music cuts out as well. I ordered a used CEM I/E CMB for my car. I'm trying to find out if there's any programming that needs to be done prior or after i install it. For future coding I will be getting ncs expert to code. Any information from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I also attached some pictures of the error messages I saw. Thank you

Last edited by Bradley Tiffany; 07-05-2020 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 312 Likes on 299 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

Did you program the car letting it know it has a new battery and code if the AH of the new battery was different or if you changed from AGM battery to flooded battery
Old 07-05-2020, 02:26 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E60 M5
Model Year: E60 M5 2007

Originally Posted by Bradley Tiffany
I started coding with the Carly adapter a few years back, & I think it finally fried my Central electronics module better known as the control body module. Everything worked fine for a while but then I started noticing things I coded, for example welcome lights turning on when you unlock the car started not working half the time. Then ultimately I started getting a bunch of error codes. Abs, powering steering went out, Electronic dampening control, start off assistance, check battery terminals, idrive screen started flashing on and off. The cluster would glitch and I would be going 60 mph and my speedometer was at 0 mph. The music would stop playing then come back on. The latest thing is my sunroof will only open a little bit at a time. My battery was well overdue to be replaced so I did that. I took it for a a drive and everything was fine for about 30 min. Then it happened again, but only one error msg went off. It didn't give me like 5 different error codes. The sunroof is still only opening a little bit at a time and the music cuts out as well. I ordered a used CEM I/E CMB for my car. I'm trying to find out if there's any programming that needs to be done prior or after i install it. For future coding I will be getting ncs expert to code. Any information from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I also attached some pictures of the error messages I saw. Thank you

Originally Posted by seanjordan20
Did you program the car letting it know it has a new battery and code if the AH of the new battery was different or if you changed from AGM battery to flooded battery
Yes I did program the car with the carly adapter to register the battery with the new specs of the battery.