E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 BMW 525ix

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 02:43 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 525ix (N52 Engine)

Nice! The sticking out bothers me a little bit not gonna lie. Haha, I want to heat them up a little bit with a heat gun and maybe use some double sided 3M tape products. The ones that came with the sidemarkers are small pieces. I dont think its enough, reason why they stick out. The placement of the sticky pads or w.e on the sidemarker is kinda poor.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:41 PM
New Members

Little update here:

Wheels are bought and are great currently getting tires so once that is sorted out pictures will come, the side markers came off and i had to put new 3M tape. They do flicker when you start the car for some odd reason. They do stop flickering after 10 seconds or so. They look alright now and I got used to them sticking out a little bit.

Changed out the oil about 1.5k miles ago and i started to get the oil light again after a while. This time I think the culprit is my valve cover gasket. At 107k miles (as of 7/2015) it was bound to happen. So need to get that sorted out.

I also found a E60 at a junk yard so ill be heading there to possibly pick a few parts off that i need such as the ash tray, possibly the passanger seat (just to see if the mat in the seat is busted in mine or is something else), and a motor for my steering wheel. Possibly a new steering wheel as well. I might pick up a few extra parts.

Currently waiting on Island Road to finish testing and fitting their coilover supsneion that they are working on for the E61.... with that they can make a E60 version as well (im talking Xi owners, coilovers for AWD E60s) If that does not happen soon I might be getting H&R Springs.

Other than that Id like to get the bumpers and tints done this summer but i am not sure if that is going to happen.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:08 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2004
Engine: E60 M54

Nice whip. Even nicer with M5 mods.

As for a WRX , eh!...No matter how much hp you can bolt on under the hood its
still a Subaru. Always feel bad for the "internet Creepy" dudes that save up for
a Subaru after trading up from a highly accessorized Honda civic..
Old 09-03-2015, 07:23 PM
New Members

Another update for those who care or are following this:

-I got all season tires (they were the cheapest) for the new wheels, they are already on the car and been driving around with them for about a month.

-I tore up a CV boot because of a plastic shield that broke, after 3 months of putting it off to the side I finally decided to get that changed, and well the suspension compments were so rusted and caked on we couldnt get the axle off. We deiced to get the axle pressed out, but we had to take some of the ball joints out to get the knuckle with the axle out... well one of them would not come off so it had to get cut lol. The shop with its press couldnt even get the axle out. So they had to heat it up and try again, which resulted in getting a new wheel hub bearing. All n all, after all this a 80 dollar job to just change out the cv boot at local shop turned into about 950 bucks. New axle, new wheel hub bearing, new ball joint and about 250 dollars in labor (just to try to get the axle out).

-Meanwhile all this was going on I ordered and put on my H&R Lowering springs. Once we put the axle back in with everything else i finally got to try out the springs.

-First impressions were ok, I thought it would be worse. The ride did get more bouncy. Personally i think it isnt too bad, I do kinda miss the stock ride comfort but on the highway you dont even really feel it, maybe after like 10 minutes of driving you forget about the bounciness. I am also on tall tires which are 235/40 in the front and 275/35 in the rear. And in addition to that we realized my shocks were starting to go bad. So that resulted me rubbing the tire in the wheel well/fender in the rear because one shock is a little more worn out. Only rubs on huge dips at high speeds and bigger bumps in the road. and by bigger bumps i mean those that you feel on stock suspension as well.

-Also got yellow fog lights for the car

Whats next:
-roll fenders or get a new shock, not sure what to do, maybe get an alignment done in the rear.
-If all 4 shocks run me a grand, then ill be better off getting ISC coilovers if they fit the E60 (they made them for the E61 right now, with group buy it would be around a grand as well)
-I want to get either new bumpers or the ACS Lip kit along with the lip spoilers for the trunk and roof.
-gloss black roof (probably wrap it)
-fix all the other things that are still wrong
*oil leak
*passenger malfunction (sensor)
*ash tray
*rust spot on trunk
*new tints
*new steering wheel
Old 09-20-2015, 07:30 PM
New Members

https://5series.net/forums/tires-whe...-142326/page2/ I uploaded some pictures on there with the lowering springs and this is how the car is now. Debating on more modifications, really tempted to just get a E30 as a project. Unless someone figures out how to code E60s after swaps. I was thinking of throwing in a 540 motor one day into mine and possibly a manual trans. I would do that or will once the coding part can be done DIY lol and cheap.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:41 PM
New Members

My Ride: '06 530i

Hi,
Have you fixed the red Level Sensor in the coolant Expansion Tank?
You can order just the Level Sensor but I just replaced the Expansion tank itself that includes a new Level Sensor.
I got mine at Bavarian Auto (BavAuto)
https://www.bavauto.com/
Coolant Expansion Tank - BEHR $49.95
Very easy to replace.

Car looks good.

Bud B

Old 09-24-2015, 08:35 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Cars lookin good bro