E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2006 530xi

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 12:07 PM
NES
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey fella Bimmerphiles!

Does anyone know if the offset will be the same on the 530xi as in the 530i?

I already put a deposit on (still waiting for dealerships allocation) a 530xi with the sport package and other options, but the sport only includes the shadowline trim (which I love) and the sport seats (which defeats the purpose since I am getting comfort seats), however there are no upgraded wheels. Of course it is because it is the xi model, but for the summer months I would love to put on the STYLE 128 wheels. Does anyone in the US know or have any info on these wheels (info, where to buy, online?). Also I am curious... when you order your BMW can you change the wheel style for another BMW wheel? I havnt asked my dealer yet, but I would love to hear if anyone here has been able to do so.

Thanks!

-NES
Old 04-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Contributors

Hello and welcome! What style wheel is standard on the x?

This is a fun link - http://zoouz.free.fr/wheels.htm
Old 04-14-2005, 01:13 PM
NES
Members

Hey Ultra! Yesterday (4/13/05) they just put the link for the 525xi/530xi in bmwusa.com. It now allows you to build your xi model. However the full option list isnt all on there, well i guess just the ventilated seats from what i know.

Anyhow in reply to your question the standard wheel with or without the sport package is STYLE 138 with all-seasons of course. The link for xi info is:

BMWUSA.COM - 530xi LINK
Old 04-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NES' date='Apr 14 2005, 03:13 PM
Hey Ultra!? Yesterday (4/13/05) they just put the link for the 525xi/530xi in bmwusa.com.? It now allows you to build your xi model.? However the full option list isnt all on there, well i guess just the ventilated seats from what i know.?

Anyhow in reply to your question the standard wheel with or without the sport package is STYLE 138 with all-seasons of course.? The link for xi info is:

BMWUSA.COM - 530xi LINK
[snapback]115466[/snapback]
NES -

That is the full option set. The ventilated seats are not a standard option (it may be a Priority One option, but those are never shown in the configurator).

As far as changing wheels go, I believe you can change the options until the car becomes scheduled for production. On my order I changed to the 18" wheels after my order was in, but that was a few weeks ago. The 2006 xi's are not scheduled for full production until the beginning of May.

Take care.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:40 AM
NES
Members

Thanks Topaz; Just a quick question... The 18" wheels are the ones from the 530i sport package im taking it. Would you know if it would be possible to order any other set of wheels BMW offers put on the car during production? Has anyone has this done before?
Old 04-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Members

I asked about other wheels and my dealer told me that anything other than the 18" form sport package (123) would be after delivery mods and therefore full price - $3000+ or whatever, whereas the 123's i think were a $600 upgrade.

he also stated that wheels with different specs for front and rear (like the 89's that I want) might not be compatible with the AWD. can anyone confirm this???

by the way i noticed that heated REAR seats are part of the CWP - I didn't think they were before!!
Old 04-15-2005, 11:07 AM
NES
Members

Thanks for the info Sweeey. As far as the wheels I hope thats not the case being that I would love to put the Style 128 on. However I too am not sure, hopefully someone can confirm that they are same fitting. Anyhow, are you sure about the rear seat heating? I ordered mine with CWP as well but I was also told that the rear seats were another option, but you can obviously only get them when ordering the CWP. Even on the bmwusa.com build your 530xi it has the rear seat heating option as seperate. Someone please confirm. Thanks!

Originally Posted by sweeet' date='Apr 15 2005, 02:46 PM
I asked about other wheels and my dealer told me that anything other than the 18" form sport package (123) would be after delivery mods and therefore full price - $3000+ or whatever, whereas the 123's? i think were a $600 upgrade.?

he also stated that wheels with different specs for front and rear (like the 89's that I want) might not be compatible with the AWD.? can anyone confirm this???

by the way i noticed that heated REAR seats are part of the CWP - I didn't think they were before!!
[snapback]115806[/snapback]
Old 04-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Members

at bmwusa.com i looked at the features and options page and under CWP they list - (this is direct from the web page)

Cold Weather Package
3-stage heated front seats9

3-stage heated rear seats

High-pressure headlight cleaning system

Heated steering wheel

guess we'll see!!
Old 04-16-2005, 05:57 PM
NES
Members

Good call... if thats the case I will love it... thanks for the heads up. I guess we will just have to wait and see if we have those buttons in the rear console!

Originally Posted by sweeet' date='Apr 15 2005, 03:11 PM
at bmwusa.com i looked at the features and options page and under CWP they list - (this is direct from the web page)

Cold Weather Package?
?

?

?

Heated steering wheel

guess we'll see!!
[snapback]115814[/snapback]
Old 04-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NES' date='Apr 16 2005, 07:57 PM
Good call... if thats the case I will love it... thanks for the heads up.? I guess we will just have to wait and see if we have those buttons in the rear console!

[quote name='sweeet' date='Apr 15 2005, 03:11 PM']at bmwusa.com i looked at the features and options page and under CWP they list - (this is direct from the web page)

Cold Weather Package?
?

?

?

Heated steering wheel

guess we'll see!!
[snapback]115814[/snapback]
[snapback]116197[/snapback]
[/quote]

If you build a 530xi in the Configurator, it shows up as an option (that requires the Cold Weather Package). When I ordered mine it was a separate option.

Quick Reply: 2006 530xi