E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2006 525XI constant chime

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2006 525XI chimes stays on all the time. Yes it is the same chime that comes on when the weather is below 37 degrees and when you door is open. The big problem is that the chimes stays on the entire drive binging away. BMW service does not have a clue. there are no check control mesages that come up. The icon for the cold weather alert is not there,nor is the kEY icon there for open door.
PLease Help.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

BMW service does not have a clue.
So they are not going to do anything about it??
Old 12-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='211860' date='Dec 15 2005, 09:28 PM
I have appointment tomorrow. I have a gut feeling that if the chime is not oresent they are not going to find a fault reading.
The so called service technician looked at my car today and did not have a clue. They should not give titles to people who are not what they are suppose to represent. He just wasted my time.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by rottwell' post='211867
I have appointment tomorrow. I have a gut feeling that if the chime is not oresent they are not going to find a fault reading.
The so called service technician looked at my car today and did not have a clue. They should not give titles to people who are not what they are suppose to represent. He just wasted my time.
[/quote]

If would guess they will upgrade your CIP version first.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='211869
Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='211860' date='Dec 15 2005, 09:28 PM
If would guess they will upgrade your CIP version first.
[/quote]
Please explain what the CIP version is. I recently had the battery drain software upgrade about a month ago.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Wait so it just consistantly Dings? How often are the chimes? Once every minute or one right after another?
Old 12-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

I also get an intermiitnat chime without a reason. It took me a few car trips to figure it out, but It was my back pack. I would put it on the passenger seat and sometimes when turing would chime and go off. I finally figures it out when one time it came on and stayed.

So my question is - do you have anything in the passenger seat?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='211891' date='Dec 15 2005, 11:06 PM
I also get an intermiitnat chime without a reason. It took me a few car trips to figure it out, but It was my back pack. I would put it on the passenger seat and sometimes when turing would chime and go off. I finally figures it out when one time it came on and stayed.

My wife had placed a package on the seat. When the problem originated. Thepackage was light.
She removed the package and the problem reaccurrd.
I placed my hand down heavily on the pasenger seat so that the air bag indicator light would light up, indicating that the seat recongized a child for non-airbag use. I did this several times. and also connected the seat belts.
So far the chime has not repeated itself.
BMW performed a fault check today and of course, there were no Fault codes.
They are going to do an inquiry through their network to see if anyone else has this problem and call me
if they find an associated problem.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='211860' date='Dec 16 2005, 04:28 AM
Sounds like weeping?

Could it be?
Old 12-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Originally Posted by rottwell' post='212078

My wife had placed a package on the seat. When the problem originated. Thepackage was light.
She removed the package and the problem reaccurrd.
I placed my hand down heavily on the pasenger seat so that the air bag indicator light would light up, indicating that the seat recongized a child for non-airbag use. I did this several times. and also connected the seat belts.
So far the chime has not repeated itself.
BMW performed a fault check today and of course, there were no Fault codes.
They are going to do an inquiry through their network to see if anyone else has this problem and call me
if they find an associated problem.
[/quote]

I put my older kids in the front seat and they set off the air bag off light. But my backpack just makes it beep and does not make the light go on, just the chime - and my backpack is lighter than my kids - only let 10 year old plus sit up front - the rest of the crew in the back.

Quick Reply: 2006 525XI constant chime