E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Angel eye bulbs keep burning out!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 12:34 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i & 2000 528i
Default Angel eye bulbs keep burning out!

Hi All,

I'm hoping to find some help to this annoying problem. My original drivers halo bulb (OEM) burnt out about a year and a half ago. I replaced the bulb with LED lights (Ziza, I think). They lasted about 6 months. I just installed my third set of LED lights and the drivers side lasted about a day. The repeating bulb out warning is driving me nuts, even though it is a nice sounding alarm! I did notice the latest replacement bulb flickering. Do I have another issue? Bad ground? Is there a ballast in this system? HELP!

2004 545i

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2017, 03:16 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Sold: 545i, sport package, cold weather, 6MT
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Happened to me with my Trinity Autosport LEDs (they post on this forum sometimes as a vendor). They replaced mine for free (each one broke after about a year and a year and a half). Haven't had problems since.

It could be the cold checks that the car does on each bulb are causing the LED circuitry to burn out?
Old 03-29-2017, 02:55 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2010 535 M-Sport

If your LED does not have an attached ballast (i.e. straight bulb replacement), then it is probably the checks that the car performs. The set I have, has an attached metal ballast between the replacement bulb and the plug. Have had them for 6 years.