E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 530i sport package suspension HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 10:25 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i sport package
Default 2004 530i sport package suspension HELP

Looking for some advice/help. The rear driver side spring broke, I have 130k so I decided to replace springs, shocks, struts all around. I have done a lil research and found coilovers for around $500 starting price, seems a little cheaper then buying OEM. Money is a little tight for me so I'm trying to not hurt my pocket to bad. I also noticed that OEM comes in standard or sport suspension parts, so my question is, are coilovers a ok move (solo-werks s1....etc. ), will they work with my car since it has the sport package? Should I stay OEM? tying to do this the cheapest with out buying junk. the car will be around for a while and will be handed down to my kid in 2 years. It's a daily driver, all stock. THANKS
Old 03-24-2017, 01:14 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i Sport
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

you have the sport suspension, does that include active roll stabilization/dynamic drive (with the elec motor in the swaybars)?
if yes - for the same handling goals, you can afford to go a softer on the shocks/springs that if you had the traditional swaybars. That way, you can maintain ride comfort with less-aggressive shocks/springs, but dynamic drive will take care of keeping care level in corners.

Coilovers work whether you have sport or non-sport, and probably is not difference if you are replacing bot hsprings and struts with a coilver.
If you ar replacing just springs or just struts, you'll want to be sure you order sport-suspension-specific pieces.

Last edited by LessIsMore; 03-24-2017 at 01:17 PM.