E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2004 525i M Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmw_wpq31' post='439890
I just realised something funny about my car.. don't know if it is normal or not. Everytime I start my car with the lights position on Auto (turned far to the left) my headlights seem to point downwards for a quick moment before coming up again. This also happens but in a different manner when I'm stuck somewhere on a slope, the headlights seem to drop bit by bit at fixed intervals.
I do notice even the myE60 and the older E46, when the head light is on, the light moving from downward to it right position. I think it is normal. But I might be wrong.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY2005 E60 525i M Sports

eclipse, what year is your car? i don't think your car has hi-fi/ hi-fi pro (whichever my04-my07 ckd)...even if your car comes with m sport package, you won't get the hi-fi pro system on it...only 530i's come with the hi-fi pro (if it's a ckd unit...) yours only has 8 speakers, the speaker covers underneath your seats are dummies which is empty...(turn on your cd/radio and feel the cover, if the subs are in there, you'll feel it!) besides that, i don't think your car comes with an amp(u can check it out by taking out the rear boot carpet cover on your passenger side and see whether there is a silver box on the rear arch...if it's there, than you have hi-fi pro...) *yesterday i forgot to mention that the rear decks have 2 speakers and 2 tweeters...

bro, i did't mean putting in aftermarket speakers won't void your warranty (that wil definitely void your warranty), but adding extra source of entertainments(e.g.dvd changer etc) with a proper module will be ok. it doesn't give any problems when sss updates your progman or gt1 doing diagnosis on the car system..if you change your speakers, i'm worried that when you update your car later on, it will screw up your car(ccc/ m-ask to be exact...) ahhh...then, if auto bavaria catches you on the speaker mods, they will void your warranty...(but, as u can see, some of the forum members have done a lot of upgrades on their speakers and power amps...i don't know on how they do updates at their place, but i don't think that it's going to be worth it...but, actually it's up to you...)

fyi, the latest version here in malaysia now is progman ver.25.2...and it makes a lot of difference in i-drive if you have nav pro...in your case, it won't make a lot of difference except for the response speed of the i-drive and that your cd player can play mp3 if it's an my2006...mine is now currently running progman v.24 and am planning to go for v.25.2...did the upgrade on v.24 a couple of mnths ago, and had no prolem with mods that i've dne with my car (my sig tells you everything)...
Old 06-27-2007, 07:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i M Sport Automatic, M Sports Package, Bi-Xenons, Sunroof, Hot Climate Version, Navigation+TV, 18" Double Spoke 135M Alloys with Runflats, Anthracite Headliner, M Leather Steering Wheel. Through Load System, Hifi Loudspeaker System, Alu Cube Pure Interior Trim, Flashlight Cloth/Nappa Leather Sports Seats, M Sports Suspension

Hmmm.. trying to figure out where I can updats software here in sabah.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:44 AM
Members

Thank for the reply guys,

My car is year made 2006, still got about 1 year warranty from Auto. I am very confirm that 06 CKD model come with 2 sub under the sit. (I tested it by feeling the bass from it at close range) It too bad my car do not come with NAV pro like those JAP spec. My i-drive screen is smaller compair to JAP spec cars and I only got a singel CD player + 6 disk changer. Hopefully will get my software updated on the coming service.

It is sad to find out that changing the OEM speakers will void warranty. The OEM speakers just not producing a 'right' sound quality. I was planning to get a set pf Dynaudio comp + 10" sub + amps. I even bought the Rockford Fosgate ThreeSixty.2 for my car. Now all plan has to delay. Including changing the LCI tail light.

BTW I wonder are your car come with the Dunlop RFT as well?? I heard that Jap spec cars can watch TV and DVD with i-drive, is it really that cool??
Old 06-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i M Sport Automatic, M Sports Package, Bi-Xenons, Sunroof, Hot Climate Version, Navigation+TV, 18" Double Spoke 135M Alloys with Runflats, Anthracite Headliner, M Leather Steering Wheel. Through Load System, Hifi Loudspeaker System, Alu Cube Pure Interior Trim, Flashlight Cloth/Nappa Leather Sports Seats, M Sports Suspension

Originally Posted by Eclipse' post='440377' date='Jun 27 2007, 10:44 AM
BTW I wonder are your car come with the Dunlop RFT as well?? I heard that Jap spec cars can watch TV and DVD with i-drive, is it really that cool??
Mine came with Bridgestone Potenza RFTs. Depending on the options specified on initial order, some have the TV function and some do not. Mine does come with the TV Function. Reception is pretty much ok. As for DVD's not too sure about that. Maybe bmw_wpq31 can answer that for you.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Contributors

eclipse, i'm very suprised that you confirmed that your car has hifi pro on it.no offence, but if this is true, that's a very rare spec you have there...AB usually builds the car with standard specs(no additional opt's)...but, since yours is different, i think yours is rare...fyi, japan specs do have nav pro, but it won't work here in malaysia...you can watch tv as it is compatible here in malaysia(you just change the country region settings, and all's set to go...) but, dvd movie on board...no! who told you that? it's not an option...all japan specs come with 8.8' screen and nav pro, but unfortunately, they don't work here in malaysia...a totally different system compared to the ECE spec that is used in malaysia...
Old 06-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Members

Hmmm.. Anyway to change the head Unit to the dual CD version (CCC)? I find the MD slot is plain useless for me.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:56 AM
Members

It so cool that you guys share your knowledge here. Hopefully more countryman are here too.

Yesterday something very suck happen with my car audio system...... My blue-tooth keep connect and disconnect with my HP every 1Min. And causing my radio 'hang' every 1min. It is very irritating... Hopefully a i-drive software update will solve the problem.

I do notice bmw_wpq31 using 20" rim. WoW! Can post some pic of your car or not ?
Old 06-29-2007, 04:32 AM
Members

My audio system also played up a bit as it emits a high frequency pitch which is very annoying.. got to mute it to solve it or change the balance all the way to the right! Rarely occurs, but once it does very annoying. After leaving it for a while and restart it, it will be fine.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:46 AM
Contributors

eclipse, the bluetooth issue is very common...fyi, it's very annoying to know that the bluetooth hardware sucks :thumbsdown: ...that problem always happens...in my case, what i do is i reboot the ccc by pressing cd eject+dvd eject+switch off simultaneously, and everything is ok again...but it always happens...i recommend you get an update...about pictures of my car, i want to upload them, but i just can't figure out how to do so ...if you can do me a favour, i'll upload the pictures later on a link, so can you upload it to this forum? can anybody help me on this?

Quick Reply: 2004 525i M Sport