E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2004 525i M Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i M Sport Automatic, M Sports Package, Bi-Xenons, Sunroof, Hot Climate Version, Navigation+TV, 18" Double Spoke 135M Alloys with Runflats, Anthracite Headliner, M Leather Steering Wheel. Through Load System, Hifi Loudspeaker System, Alu Cube Pure Interior Trim, Flashlight Cloth/Nappa Leather Sports Seats, M Sports Suspension

Originally Posted by vandal1x' post='438409' date='Jun 21 2007, 07:07 PM
i dont think i have a sport kit. i do have the sports package,i dont remember ever neing offerd the m sport package.i would love to have that suspension. i will try to post some pics on saturday. again thanks
I also forgot to mention one thing about the suspension. It lowers the car by about 15mm. You can retrofit the M Aerodynamics Package (M Sports Package) to your vehicle too.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i M Sport Automatic, M Sports Package, Bi-Xenons, Sunroof, Hot Climate Version, Navigation+TV, 18" Double Spoke 135M Alloys with Runflats, Anthracite Headliner, M Leather Steering Wheel. Through Load System, Hifi Loudspeaker System, Alu Cube Pure Interior Trim, Flashlight Cloth/Nappa Leather Sports Seats, M Sports Suspension

For the M54 2.5L engine, does it use a dipstick to check on the engine oil level?
Old 06-23-2007, 03:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY2005 E60 525i M Sports

yes, it does...
welcome aboard 525imsport...i'm also from malaysia, where do you live? i'm in kajang, selangor. so, your car is a japanese spec car, how long have you been using it? where do you maintain your car? and have you upgraded your cars cip version? does your fm/am tuner & navigation work in malaysia?
Old 06-23-2007, 05:44 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bmw_wpq31' post='438982' date='Jun 23 2007, 06:37 AM
yes, it does...
welcome aboard 525imsport...i'm also from malaysia, where do you live? i'm in kajang, selangor. so, your car is a japanese spec car, how long have you been using it? where do you maintain your car? and have you upgraded your cars cip version? does your fm/am tuner & navigation work in malaysia?
Hi bmw_wpq31. I'm in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Studying in Cyberjaya. Only get to use my car when I'm back. My car is stated as a UK Specification but has been used as a demonstrator car in Japan. As for maintainance and servicings, sad to say that we do not have a proper BMW service here yet. As for software CIP version, hwve yet to find out hwere I can do mine. AM and FM tuner does work after I've installed a converter. TV works fine too. Navigation works on the Japanese Region just need the Malaysian DVD to start using it.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:26 AM
Contributors

hi marcus...fyi, all japan spec cars are stated as european spec cars...it's because they don't assemble them in japan...

the problem is the tuner & nav don't work here in malaysia...tuner goes only up to 90.0MHz for FM, you don't get the rds and channel auto detect function. i think what you did was you added in an fm booster, am i right? your tv will function properly just by changing your country settings. but your nav won't work even with the malaysia/singapore dvd...it doesn't recognise the format of the dvd. fyi, i've tried it on my friends car...these japanese spec cars have ccc md, so your nav unit is in the rear boot...the roadmap dvd here in malaysia are only compatible with ccc cd...they use a totally different system. but, since you're in sabah, then, don't worry too much about your nav coz the road maps don't cover sabah/sarawak for the time being...what you'll have to worry is when you need an upgrade on your cip version...
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=433415 :thumbsdown: that was exactly what happened to my friends car...

if you want, we can meet up and talk some more about our e60's...i'd recommend you to a good place here in kl where they can do miracles to your car, even retrofit bluetooth connection for your telephone (your car has telematics (bmw assist japan) and a cradle for a phone, but who knows what phone the cradle is meant for...) even install the new lci tail lights...i've done it and it looks damn good...

the lci model that you were asking about in your previous posts will be launched in sept/oct this year by auto bavaria...but, this is only rumours...
Old 06-23-2007, 06:50 AM
Members

Luckily I haven't bought the DVD yet.. Was already contemplating to get it already. Is there anyway to retrofit a navi into these cars?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Members

HI HI Both Abang from Malaysia.

I'm From KL Malaysia, it feel good to see u guys posting here. This is a very nice forum with friendly people.
525imsport u has a very nice car there. I also looking for a JAP spec 525i M-Sport since April 07, and end up buying a used 06 525i M-Sport (CKD). I got my car about 3weeks ago and I found that E60 is really a great car.

Overall the car is very good, but the OEM audio is really bad sounding. I wonder do u guys do anything about the OEM sound system??
Old 06-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Eclipse' post='439775' date='Jun 25 2007, 09:29 PM
HI HI Both Abang from Malaysia.

I'm From KL Malaysia, it feel good to see u guys posting here. This is a very nice forum with friendly people.
525imsport u has a very nice car there. I also looking for a JAP spec 525i M-Sport since April 07, and end up buying a used 06 525i M-Sport (CKD). I got my car about 3weeks ago and I found that E60 is really a great car.

Overall the car is very good, but the OEM audio is really bad sounding. I wonder do u guys do anything about the OEM sound system??

Welcome to the forum Eclipse. Thanks but sad to say that my car got a half an inch scratch on the driver's door yesterday. quite bad, paint peeled off. As for audio, tweak around with the audio under the entertainment settings : i>Entertainment Settings>Tone. Play around with the treble and bass. you should be able to get it better. Have to admit that we do not get to choose any options here while placing order for the car. We cannot opt for better audio units such as the Logic 7 & Individual sound systems which they have in UK & the US. Sad thing that we have to buy the car as is unless you can source for inports.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:34 AM
Contributors

Hi there eclipse! Welcome aboardto the forum...

fyi, mine has HiFi Pro System, so to tell u the truth, mine is a lot better than yours... 525imsport also has HiFi System on his...so, his is also good...that's why he's asking you to tweak your bass/treble/bal/fader settings...but, to tell you the truth, it won't do any good...you don't have enough speakers in the car like 525imsport has...his comes with 9/10 speakers on board with factory amps that are quite ok(if i'm not mistaken)...(2 subs underneath the front seats, 2 speakers on the front doors, 2 tweeters on the front door, 2 speakers on the rear board and 1 center speaker on the dash)...Mine comes with extra 2 speakers on the rear doors...you can't actually retrofit HiFi pro/Logic7 system since it's actually factory opt...ifi t's a ckd 525i, i think you don't get ccc cd, but yours is m-ask cd, am i right?(ccc cd has 2 cd slots on yuor dash,1 for cd/mp3 and the other for nav dvd/cd/mp3 dvd/mp3 cd...yours is a single slot with a compartment underneath and can only play cd's...am i right?

Where are you in kl? if you want, we can meet up someday...

p.s:-pm me if you plan to improve your on-board entertainment...(e.g.:you can play dvd movie's on your factory screen...)
you don't get to mod your car if you go to auto bavaria service centres...they don't offer these services...(he,he,he...) and if you're still under warranty, it won't void...trust me.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:50 AM
Members

I just realised something funny about my car.. don't know if it is normal or not. Everytime I start my car with the lights position on Auto (turned far to the left) my headlights seem to point downwards for a quick moment before coming up again. This also happens but in a different manner when I'm stuck somewhere on a slope, the headlights seem to drop bit by bit at fixed intervals. Can anyone explain what's going on here? Is there a problem with my headlights?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2004 525i M Sport