E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

20.01 software

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last tuesday, my dealer retrofited the Voice Control in my car. To activate it, he had to flash the software & put the brand new 20.01.
Everything is working fine, ... as before. Auto gear shifting seems to be more gentle & more accurate, especialy with the throttle position (no unwanted kickdown).
Old 02-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

So that a good thing of bad thing for you?
Old 02-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='237109' date='Feb 9 2006, 04:34 AM
So that a good thing of bad thing for you?
definitely not good IMO... i want my gear shifts to be so quick and brutal that my spine would snap
Old 02-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Members

My Ride: Black on Black 545i Auto, Sport, NAV, Sirius, Cold Weather Wifey drives an X5 4.4 with Sport

Bah! Give me smooth any day. But when I switch to sport on the othe hand...
Old 02-09-2006, 12:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

Originally Posted by OliverB' post='237107' date='Feb 8 2006, 11:29 PM
Last tuesday, my dealer retrofited the Voice Control in my car. To activate it, he had to flash the software & put the brand new 20.01.
Everything is working fine, ... as before. Auto gear shifting seems to be more gentle & more accurate, especialy with the throttle position (no unwanted kickdown).
Oliver, i'm getting the very same done next week, retro voice control & software update to allow for the voice control & mp3 playback.

Can you confirm if your dealer had to flash the Engine ECU, or just the i-drive ECU.

Slight worry that my DMS re-map will be wiped when the work is done.

Cheers,
Old 02-09-2006, 04:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by w8pmc' post='237196
Oliver, i'm getting the very same done next week, retro voice control & software update to allow for the voice control & mp3 playback.

Can you confirm if your dealer had to flash the Engine ECU, or just the i-drive ECU.

Cheers,
[/quote]
They will do a check on every module (about 25) which includes DME, EGS/SMG (SMG if u have it), CCCs, M-ASK, CID and more. If there is any change in "IS" versus "SHOULD BE" they will upgrade it.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='237265

Cheers,
They will do a check on every module (about 25) which includes DME, EGS/SMG (SMG if u have it), CCCs, M-ASK, CID and more. If there is any change in "IS" versus "SHOULD BE" they will upgrade it.
[/quote]

Thanks for the response, but i was looking for a more definative answer from someone/anyone who's had a DMS re-map & then a CIP upgrade. I've been told conflicting stories, most say their should be no change to the Engine ECU during a CIP upgrade, therefore nothing for me to worry about & the DMS re-map will be fine. A couple have said like you that they may flash the engine CPU & a one person has said they will flash the engine CPU.

Although DMS will come back FOC & re-apply the re-map in the event of BMW resetting the ECU, i'll have only done a few miles with the re-map, so can't be 100& sure i'll notice the difference quite as much as if i'd had the re-map for ages.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Hi OliverB and All:

Check out this thread on Step shiting and related matters.

And, check this one out for more pertinent information.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Znod' post='237276
Hi OliverB and All:

[/quote]

OK, here comes my stupid question for today?? Thanks for the info & very detailed it is to, however i'm not noticing any problems with my gearbox at the moment. However can you confirm (my stupid question) that the standard E60 Auto is Steptronic?? Mine is what i'd call an Auto & i'm sure it's not SMG (i'd know that right?) so does that mean that mine's Steptronic?? As yet i've only driven a total of just under 100 miles in my car, so i'm still getting used to it, hence my concern at the potential software upgrade next week.

All i want is the Extended Voice retro fitted & mp3 enabled on the single CD slot, everything else appears to be fine on my car & i have perspective view on my Prof Nav, so i must have a fairly recent CIP version anyway.

Cheers,
Old 02-09-2006, 06:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by w8pmc' post='237282
Hi OliverB and All:

However can you confirm (my stupid question) that the standard E60 Auto is Steptronic??
[/quote]
Auto=Steptronic. Although, SMG has auto mode...

Quick Reply: 20.01 software