E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

1st time buyer help! Bmw 550i

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 04:30 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 BMW 535i xDrive
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by E60Japanese
I think there are three types of people who buy BMWs
Rich
They don't care if it breaks because they just take it to a dealer or buy a new one every few years
Want one
They want a bmw but are not mechanically incline or have never had an opportunity to learn about mechanics
Mechanics/handyman
Love BMW's and can repair them or will have a go themselves

All the problems in the post are simple easy fixes if you are prepared to have a go
Study books or watch YouTube channels or ask people on this site

Owning a used bmw is a great experience to learn and enjoy a wonderful motorcar
Don't give up

Have a go
Buy a few tools and ask questions and for help
A used bmw is more like a hobby and something to be enjoyed
I couldn't put it better myself. This was the first BMW I owned after a Japanese car. While I enjoyed the time I had with my previous car (older Jap cars are especially easy to take a wrench to!), it was time to move on and being mechanically inclined, I wanted that sweet sounding Bavarian Inline six and what better way to have it than with twin turbochargers. It's not been rosy all the way, I knew what to expect and was getting myself ready for it right from the get go.
These cars will reward you with a much sweeter sense of ownership only after you've toiled away under the bonnet or beneath them. Have had her for almost 6 months now and apart from a couple of hiccups, she's been thoroughly rewarding!

Hope to enjoy many more miles with her by my side and hope so do you with your new acquisition!