E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

1st Encounter With BMW Service

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 07:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

No real problems with my new car, however i did notice a fairly deep small scratch on the top edge of the rear bumper when i collected the car on Monday & told the dealer in no uncertain terms that i'd be wanting that fixing & that a CIP upgrade to the most recent Software Version was part of the deal.

Bottom line is they were not able to get the Software Upgrade done before i collected the car, so told them i'd want both the scratch & software update sorting sometime soon (want mp3 playback as it's a must have).

Here's where it gets really good, i asked the dealer yesterday if they could arrange to book me in when they have a suitable courtesy car available & enquired about the retro-fit Extended Voice that another UK forum member pointed out to me earlier in the week (cheers) & they got back to me today with oodles of great news. My car is booked in for Tuesday 14th Feb for 2-3 days & they'll be mending the rear bumper scratch, apllying the new (most up to date) software & enabling mp3 playback & also fit, enable & set-up the Extended Voice, but seeing as they're applying the new i-drive software they will apply the Extended Voice software concurrently & i'll not have to pay for that aspect, only the Extended Voice parts which are about ?50 I've already got Prof Nav & Multi Function Steering Wheel

Me is a very happy customer & i'm extremely impressed with the dealers customer service. This means i've got a ?285 E60 factory option, being fitted to my car for around ?50. This level of customer service from a main dealers service dept. is far better than i've been used to at Audi.

Also got my free 6 months BMW Assist activated today how cool is that feature?? Not sure i'll keep it when i'd have to start paying in 6 months but it's great fun & a nifty feature. So glad the Dealer Principal forgot or decided agaist activating it when the car was 1st put on the road 5 months ago, as i now get the full 6 months free from today
Old 02-03-2006, 08:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by w8pmc' post='234125' date='Feb 3 2006, 10:31 AM
No real problems with my new car, however i did notice a fairly deep small scratch on the top edge of the rear bumper when i collected the car on Monday & told the dealer in no uncertain terms that i'd be wanting that fixing & that a CIP upgrade to the most recent Software Version was part of the deal.

Bottom line is they were not able to get the Software Upgrade done before i collected the car, so told them i'd want both the scratch & software update sorting sometime soon (want mp3 playback as it's a must have).

Here's where it gets really good, i asked the dealer yesterday if they could arrange to book me in when they have a suitable courtesy car available & enquired about the retro-fit Extended Voice that another UK forum member pointed out to me earlier in the week (cheers) & they got back to me today with oodles of great news. My car is booked in for Tuesday 14th Feb for 2-3 days & they'll be mending the rear bumper scratch, apllying the new (most up to date) software & enabling mp3 playback & also fit, enable & set-up the Extended Voice, but seeing as they're applying the new i-drive software they will apply the Extended Voice software concurrently & i'll not have to pay for that aspect, only the Extended Voice parts which are about ?50 I've already got Prof Nav & Multi Function Steering Wheel

Me is a very happy customer & i'm extremely impressed with the dealers customer service. This means i've got a ?285 E60 factory option, being fitted to my car for around ?50. This level of customer service from a main dealers service dept. is far better than i've been used to at Audi.

Also got my free 6 months BMW Assist activated today how cool is that feature?? Not sure i'll keep it when i'd have to start paying in 6 months but it's great fun & a nifty feature. So glad the Dealer Principal forgot or decided agaist activating it when the car was 1st put on the road 5 months ago, as i now get the full 6 months free from today
Sounds like a happy camper to me. . .
Old 02-03-2006, 08:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Most excellent; it is great to hear good reports.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

WOW I was reading and reading and waiting and waiting to read the bad part but there wasnt any I'm impressed... a good post!
Old 02-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='234313' date='Feb 3 2006, 03:18 PM
WOW I was reading and reading and waiting and waiting to read the bad part but there wasnt any I'm impressed... a good post!
Defo so far so good.

I'd like to thank Dave for alerting me to this retro-fit opportunity. Given the cost to retro-fit is about 20% of the factory option price, it's a total must have.

I'll report back once the handful of jobs have been completed the week after next & i pray that i'm as pleased/shocked with them as i was today.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Glad to hear about another satisfied customer. I've had great service from my BMW dealer for many years.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Senior Members

well who is the dealer then
Old 02-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

Originally Posted by w8pmc' post='234125' date='Feb 3 2006, 10:31 AM

what exactly is extended voice option?
Old 02-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Nice to hear that there are actually nice BMW dealerships out there too bad I can't say that about BMW dealerships in the US... or at least the couple I had to deal with
Old 02-04-2006, 02:18 AM
Members

My Ride: UK 2006 530D MSport. Auto, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Visibility, Media Pack, Sun Protective Glass, Hi-Fi Speaker System, Heated Seats, Enhanced voice control, M Lip Spoiler.

P,
Maybe you should post the salient bits from our PM's so that it may help others in the same position with regards to Enhanced voice control..? I think that Germany maybe shipping some (B84.64.0.396.162 - ?42.51 +VAT) upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: 1st Encounter With BMW Service