E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

19.02...Does this happen to you?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Had taken my car in to the dealers early-Oct to get the squeakly brakes fixed and also to get a CIP upgrade. This was my first s/w upgrade since I bought the car (3/05). They upgraded me to 19.01 which gave me the Perspective View etc. Its a different matter that it shows a nice blue sky with a few clouds even when it is pouring outside.

However, the brake squeal was back the next day.

So I left my car at the dealer last week for them to re-fix my brakes and they also upgraded me to 19.02 (it seems that there was a voluntary recall on 19.01 or something). When I went to pick up the car, the SR told me that they cleaned up the brakes and adjusted the sensors etc. the best they could, but they informed me that the brakes will never be squeal-free and this was a known problem with E60s. Fair enough....this topic has been discussed at great length on this forum. I will try the remedial 'brake 10 times, let it cool off and brake 10 times again' strategy this w/end.

Now to 19.02. I got the RDS but no mp3 capability. I also got sthg that I did not want...THE DARN RADIO CUTS OUT WITH ANNOYING REGULARITY FOR A FEW SECONDS.

Have any of you seen this problem?
Old 11-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525xi

Many reported this problem. However I don't seem to have this problem. I listen to AM news most of the time.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by JFiRB' post='195847' date='Nov 9 2005, 03:51 PM
Many reported this problem. However I don't seem to have this problem. I listen to AM news most of the time.
Will try AM today. The FM has a definite problem, though.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

Originally Posted by SolanNo1' post='195845' date='Nov 9 2005, 03:48 PM
Had taken my car in to the dealers early-Oct to get the squeakly brakes fixed and also to get a CIP upgrade. This was my first s/w upgrade since I bought the car (3/05). They upgraded me to 19.01 which gave me the Perspective View etc. Its a different matter that it shows a nice blue sky with a few clouds even when it is pouring outside.

So I left my car at the dealer last week for them to re-fix my brakes and they also upgraded me to 19.02 (it seems that there was a voluntary recall on 19.01 or something). When I went to pick up the car, the SR told me that they cleaned up the brakes and adjusted the sensors etc. the best they could, but they informed me that the brakes will never be squeal-free and this was a known problem with E60s. Fair enough....this topic has been discussed at great length on this forum. I will try the remedial 'brake 10 times, let it cool off and brake 10 times again' strategy this w/end.

Now to 19.02. I got the RDS but no mp3 capability. I also got sthg that I did not want...THE DARN RADIO CUTS OUT WITH ANNOYING REGULARITY FOR A FEW SECONDS.

Oh, I have it alright. And now after 3-4 trips to the garage and 12 days in service, I still have it. I was told that there is nothing that you can do until the next software upgrade in mid-December. Personally, I do not think I can hang on for another month of this. Lexus is sounding intriguing at the moment...
Old 11-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by mcorliss' post='195883

Oh, I have it alright. And now after 3-4 trips to the garage and 12 days in service, I still have it. I was told that there is nothing that you can do until the next software upgrade in mid-December. Personally, I do not think I can hang on for another month of this. Lexus is sounding intriguing at the moment...
[/quote]
The brake problem is a software problem?
Old 11-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Contributors

When I first got 19.01 the audio drop out happened a few times for the first two days. It hasn't happened once in the 5 weeks since so whatever gremlin it was has moved on. Very odd bug. Maybe I should stay away from 19.02, since it doesn't fix anything (according to the SI Bulletin) I will do exactly that.