E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

166 M Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guys.

THe BMW dealer took my deposit for a loaded 550I, i ordered it with the M Kit.
i just got a call from the dealer, he says the M kit has to be payed cash and will be painted and isntalled at the dealership. Isn't the M package assembled and painted at the factory? Or did all of you guys installed it afterwards?

Thanks
Pablo
Old 09-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Members

hi there, the M bumper, side skirts and front end are painted and installed at the dealership,, some dealership has the M kit added as part of the invoice

quote name='Pablo' date='Sep 26 2006, 09:34 PM' post='338897']
Hello guys.

i just got a call from the dealer, he says the M kit has to be payed cash and will be painted and isntalled at the dealership. Isn't the M package assembled and painted at the factory? Or did all of you guys installed it afterwards?

Thanks
Pablo
[/quote]
Old 09-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Members

M TECHNIC KIT is an aftermarket product that was certified by BMW dealers. Not an OEM. Choices are paint/install @ dealership, high performance shop, or order it yourself and find a reputable local body shop that willing to do upgrade kit for you.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Contributors

Pablo -

Good move, you are going to love the 550i - especially with the M Kit. What color?

Are you in the U.S.? If so, you have two choices: 1) BMW installs it at the Vehicle Preparation Center (when your car lands in the U.S.), or 2) have your dealer order the parts and they can have their body shop install it (or a shop of your choice as daytrader0 suggests - that's what I did). So, yes, we all had it installed afterwards, one way or another.

Either way, I see no reason why you need to pay for it up-front in cash. Are you leasing?
Old 09-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='338948' date='Sep 26 2006, 04:01 PM
Pablo -

Good move, you are going to love the 550i - especially with the M Kit. What color?

Are you in the U.S.? If so, you have two choices: 1) BMW installs it at the Vehicle Preparation Center (when your car lands in the U.S.), or 2) have your dealer order the parts and they can have their body shop install it (or a shop of your choice as daytrader0 suggests - that's what I did). So, yes, we all had it installed afterwards, one way or another.

Either way, I see no reason why you need to pay for it up-front in cash. Are you leasing?

Thanks for your input. I live in Texas.
I just got a call from my dealer, he says it will be installed and painted at the port of Entry in North Carolina. I will be leasing (or owners choice still don't know) for 3 years , and wanted the kit to be added to the MSRP. The 550 will SMG saphire Black, and will later install the 166 Wheels.
I hope the color matches, i do't want to have this kind of problems with a new car.

Thanks
Pablo
Old 09-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Pablo' post='338897' date='Sep 26 2006, 02:34 PM
Hello guys.

Thanks
Pablo
Where do you live? My M kit was painted and installed at the NJ port. I wouldn't have the port paint it again. I had paint imperfections all over it. If you dealer has a bmw approved paint facility have them do it.

In the US the Factory will not put the M kit on.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Veight' post='338961' date='Sep 26 2006, 04:32 PM
Where do you live? My M kit was painted and installed at the NJ port. I wouldn't have the port paint it again. I had paint imperfections all over it. If you dealer has a bmw approved paint facility have them do it.

In the US the Factory will not put the M kit on.

I live in San Antonio Texas , My dealer said they will installand paint in South caolina , not north Carolina.
I just want to be able to make BMW responsable if there are any paint defects. They don't have a painting facility at my dealership. Who repainted yours ? did BMW assumed the responsability?

Thanks
Pablo
Old 09-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

It never seems to amaze me how stupid BMW are when it comes to selling their own cars. The days of selling everything they make has come to an end, this is evident in the UK due to the discounts that are available. Why oh why do they not export the M sport version to the USA. You all seem to want one! We can even get a 520d version! So whats the difference shipping an SE or an M sport model from the same factory?? Anyone have any answer because I'm f***ed if I know! :thumbsdown:
Old 09-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Pablo' post='338960' date='Sep 26 2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks for your input. I live in Texas.
I just got a call from my dealer, he says it will be installed and painted at the port of Entry in North Carolina. I will be leasing (or owners choice still don't know) for 3 years , and wanted the kit to be added to the MSRP. The 550 will SMG saphire Black, and will later install the 166 Wheels.
I hope the color matches, i do't want to have this kind of problems with a new car.

Thanks
Pablo

That sounds correct. The M-Kit should be ordered and installed at the VDC... in your case in Is it N. Carolina? or S. Carolina... either way doesnt matter... have the dealer order it as part of the car and they will do it at the VDC. Dont worry about the color matching... shouldnt be a problem for the VDC.

and SMG??? AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 01:30 AM
Contributors

Just dont forget to ask for your original bumper back... You can sell it and get some back for the M-Kit...

Quick Reply: 166 M Kit