E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

08 550i stuck at VPC - Recall on rear glass

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CWG' post='421215' date='May 4 2007, 07:52 PM
Just spoke with My dealer. I am now told that the car has been completed and is waiting for transport to Long Beach to be shipped to Hawaii. According to the dealer, the issue was that they put a european license plate bracket on the car which meant that to change it to a us bracket they had to replace the front bumper because the hole position is different and that is what was taking so long. I still have not got a real answer on the back glass problem, only a statement that it has been fixed and the computer in the car re-flashed and that the car is ready to go to the port. Of course, still no ETA to Hawaii. The car has been at the VPC since April 9th, just a few days short of a month. I hope yours moves through without any delay.
Thanks again for the update. Dealer says even though the car just got to VPC late last week I should expect the car this week, but I don't believe it until it's there. I will check again.

Glad things eventually worked out for you.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i w/SMG - JetBlack - Dinan Software - Dinan Exhaust - Anthracite Trim - Anthracite Headliner - Sport Package

why would the dealer pull out the back window without checking if there was stock??
Old 05-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWG' post='421215' date='May 4 2007, 06:52 PM
Just spoke with My dealer. I am now told that the car has been completed and is waiting for transport to Long Beach to be shipped to Hawaii. According to the dealer, the issue was that they put a european license plate bracket on the car which meant that to change it to a us bracket they had to replace the front bumper because the hole position is different and that is what was taking so long. I still have not got a real answer on the back glass problem, only a statement that it has been fixed and the computer in the car re-flashed and that the car is ready to go to the port. Of course, still no ETA to Hawaii. The car has been at the VPC since April 9th, just a few days short of a month. I hope yours moves through without any delay.
CWG--I feel like you and I have been going through this process forever, so read these words while understanding the amount of kinship I feel here--- something stinks with your situation. My dealer isn't aware of any glass recalls (I have an '08 and no mention of reacalls), the removal of glass without glass in stock sounds strange, and the license plate issue?? Are they seriously saying they don't know where their cars are headed before they leave? Something stinks here, IMHO, and I'd need to see something in writing. My paranoia would get the best of me and I'd want something more than words. I wish you well!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:02 PM
CWG
Members

My Ride: 08 550i Titanium Silver, Black interior, sport package, steptronic

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='421996' date='May 7 2007, 10:46 AM
CWG--I feel like you and I have been going through this process forever, so read these words while understanding the amount of kinship I feel here--- something stinks with your situation. My dealer isn't aware of any glass recalls (I have an '08 and no mention of reacalls), the removal of glass without glass in stock sounds strange, and the license plate issue?? Are they seriously saying they don't know where their cars are headed before they leave? Something stinks here, IMHO, and I'd need to see something in writing. My paranoia would get the best of me and I'd want something more than words. I wish you well!
Thanks - I felt that something was not right as there was no mention of any such problems on this board or on any other forums that I am aware of. Seems to me someone else would have at least heard of the problems. I can't seem to get a straight answer on what the rear glass issue was, and I agree the license plate bracket seems like complete BS to me as well. In any event, I just got a copy of the dealer info sheet that says my car has been released to the carrier and has a dealer ETA of May 18, 2007. This dealer is the only dealer in the state, so if I want a BMW - its them or travel to the mainland, which is not really feasable. The only other choice is to go with a different car. I am going to ask for confirmation paper work to make sure there was not some other non-disclosed damage to the car. Just does not make sense. Car arrived on April 9th at vpc and was sent out on May 7th
Old 05-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by CWG' post='422115' date='May 7 2007, 11:02 PM
Thanks - I felt that something was not right as there was no mention of any such problems on this board or on any other forums that I am aware of. Seems to me someone else would have at least heard of the problems. I can't seem to get a straight answer on what the rear glass issue was, and I agree the license plate bracket seems like complete BS to me as well. In any event, I just got a copy of the dealer info sheet that says my car has been released to the carrier and has a dealer ETA of May 18, 2007. This dealer is the only dealer in the state, so if I want a BMW - its them or travel to the mainland, which is not really feasable. The only other choice is to go with a different car. I am going to ask for confirmation paper work to make sure there was not some other non-disclosed damage to the car. Just does not make sense. Car arrived on April 9th at vpc and was sent out on May 7th

I suspect the wait has been difficult. Hope it arrives soon. Good luck.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:34 AM
CWG
Members

My Ride: 08 550i Titanium Silver, Black interior, sport package, steptronic

Originally Posted by enelrojo' post='422126' date='May 7 2007, 07:14 PM
I suspect the wait has been difficult. Hope it arrives soon. Good luck.
Thanks - without the support of this forum, I think I might have just said forget it already
Old 05-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWG' post='422115' date='May 7 2007, 11:02 PM
Sounds like a good plan. You have really been a trooper. The wait will be worth it--these cars are fantastic. The wait is almost over!