E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

08 550i stuck at VPC - Recall on rear glass

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 03:20 PM
CWG
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 550i Titanium Silver, Black interior, sport package, steptronic

I have just recived word from my dealer that there is a problem with the antenna in the rear glass on many of the new 5 series cars and that my car is one of the ones with the problem. They tell me that the rear glass has to be replaced and that the VPC told them that they don't have the glass in stock and that my car is stuck at the VPC until they get the glass and replace it. Then they have to reflash the car. VPC told my dealer that a lot of cars have this same problem. The VPC will not give an ETA for delivery of my car because of this problem. I am unsure if this is BS or not, as I have not seen anything on this forum about it. If anyone knows anything about this situation, or has a way of finding out it it is true and the extent of the problem. I would appreciate it.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

HHmmm that really sucks. I'll check with my sources to verify your info, could be true......
Old 04-28-2007, 03:13 AM
Senior Members

Some things never change http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=2209
Old 04-28-2007, 01:11 PM
CWG
Members

Originally Posted by Member545' post='418839' date='Apr 28 2007, 01:13 AM
I hope this does not turn into an extended wait. I am worried that they are going to ship the glass by boat and it will take a month or more. I am about ready to start looking at alternative cars. I don't want to be strung out any more.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:35 PM
CWG
Members

bump - anyone hear anything about a recall on the 2008 5 series
Old 05-01-2007, 12:10 AM
CWG
Members

I called the general sales manager at my dealer, he was supposed to call today and talk to the rep at the VPC. Instead he had the new car manager call. Now the story is that the car is waiting for a front license plate bracket. The won't take one off of an unsold car and they won't ship the car to the dealer until it is fixed and as of today, they don't know when they will get the bracket, have it installed and then ship the car. Supposedly we will have an ETA tomorrow on when it will ship from CA to HI. The dealer's attitude is pretty much the car will get here when it gets here. Does not seem to be a big deal to them. Never got a satisfactory explanation on the rear glass problem, don't know if ti was real and fixed of just BS or what. Looks like at minimum another 2 weeks for me.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Members

Geez my 08 550i is supposed to hit the US Dock around today, so I hope there is no further delay like the on mentioned in this thread. After waiting so patiently since late March when I first ordered it, a delay would be so so sad.

Thanks again for the update.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by CWG' post='419693' date='May 1 2007, 04:10 AM
I called the general sales manager at my dealer, he was supposed to call today and talk to the rep at the VPC. Instead he had the new car manager call. Now the story is that the car is waiting for a front license plate bracket. The won't take one off of an unsold car and they won't ship the car to the dealer until it is fixed and as of today, they don't know when they will get the bracket, have it installed and then ship the car. Supposedly we will have an ETA tomorrow on when it will ship from CA to HI. The dealer's attitude is pretty much the car will get here when it gets here. Does not seem to be a big deal to them. Never got a satisfactory explanation on the rear glass problem, don't know if ti was real and fixed of just BS or what. Looks like at minimum another 2 weeks for me.
My dealer told me that the front license place bracket is installed at the dealership. I asked him specifically b/c I don't need it or want it on my car. He said it and the floormats come in the trunk of the car from the VPC. Maybe Cali is different but its probably more likely you're getting some BS. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Members

What's the latest update. My vehicle is at VPC now, so I am getting nervous.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:52 PM
CWG
Members

Originally Posted by bmwguynj' post='421184' date='May 4 2007, 11:55 AM
What's the latest update. My vehicle is at VPC now, so I am getting nervous.
Just spoke with My dealer. I am now told that the car has been completed and is waiting for transport to Long Beach to be shipped to Hawaii. According to the dealer, the issue was that they put a european license plate bracket on the car which meant that to change it to a us bracket they had to replace the front bumper because the hole position is different and that is what was taking so long. I still have not got a real answer on the back glass problem, only a statement that it has been fixed and the computer in the car re-flashed and that the car is ready to go to the port. Of course, still no ETA to Hawaii. The car has been at the VPC since April 9th, just a few days short of a month. I hope yours moves through without any delay.

Quick Reply: 08 550i stuck at VPC - Recall on rear glass