E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

08 535xi values

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 07:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 535xi values

Want to sell my 08 535 xi and values seem to be all over the board. My car is very clean. 2nd owner since 2009 with extensive maintenance records and all major issues on this car have been addressed including new turbos, injectors, HPFP, etc. 80K miles, silver with black leather and fully loaded. Car is stock except for dinan stage 2. What can I expect to get? Thanks
Old 05-05-2017, 11:00 AM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Model Year: 2008
Engine: n54

It's kind of a douche answer.. but the answer is always you'll get what someone wants to pay you. So depending on what you would want to settle for. 80K is very little miles, and all those new parts may seem like a good thing.. or maybe a bad thing that you needed to change so much. Even the highest side I've seen any 08 car around here (east coast) is 14K and.. plenty and plenty that's low like 6K. So.. if you find someone that puts value in your car you might get lucky.. but in the end you just need to be happy with a certain number and gun for it. If someone wanted to give me 14K today I probably would take it and go get myself a new car.. anything less and I'd tell them to pound dirt
Old 05-14-2017, 08:11 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 528xi
Model Year: 2009

Since the main issues have been addressed and seems well taken care of by a forum member with extensive maintenance records and low miles for that year/chassis. Expect to get $12k. Start at $13,500 or 14k
Old 05-15-2017, 06:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Those major issues you listed I would expect to have been done by this time for any 08. Those were likely done under warranty as most are so it is not a "special" list of items for an informed buyer. Someone wanting to get there first BMW might be impressed however.

I would assume this car is leaking at the Oil filter housing, oil pan gasket, and valve cover is leaking and/or cracked. The water pump will fail any day and may need a starter and battery soon.

People like to think 80,000 miles is low... this car is a gem! But 80,000 miles is right there where everything needs to be done and is often a reason people get rid of the car after they get a quote to fix it.

All that said is only important if I see the car listed on a web site for sale. If I have these assumptions, I am going to go right past that car listed at $14k and never give it another thought. If I happen to live nearby and can look it over, etc then maybe but $14k tells me the owner thinks their car is way too special.

I live in Indiana and I buy my used BMWs from Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois and Virginia