E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

'08 535i and installing 550i mtech front bumper HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '08 535i

I need a little help with this before I take my car apart. Has ANYONE removed their stock bumper on a non-Msport 5 series to install an Msport front bumper?

Here are the specs for my car now: I have an '08 LCI 535i sport package and I am changing the front bumper to a 550i Msport that I got for a good price. I needed to know if anyone has completed this and if so, what parts were different from the 535i stock to 550i Msport.

So far I can see my air ducts for the brakes will be slightly different, the lower front wheel well lining and obviously the lower grille of the Msport bumper...what else might need to be changed? Are the supports on the sides different? The bolts and clips?

I have attached pics for your viewing pleasure. The first is what my car looks like stock and the second is how I want it.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated!

'08 535i and installing 550i mtech front bumper HELP!-08-535i-stock.jpg

'08 535i and installing 550i mtech front bumper HELP!-black-dropped-5-series-m6.jpg
Old 11-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

If it's OEM you will need the brake ducts, fog lamp assemblies and bottom air dam moldings off the 550. In addition to the lower grille you will need the appropriate grille cutouts, relocation brackets and side air dam moldings if your car has ACC or NV.

If the 550 bumper has PDC holes you will also need the PDC sensors. The sensors that would be on your LCI car will not fit (too small).
Old 11-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

Originally Posted by pukka
If it's OEM you will need the brake ducts, fog lamp assemblies and bottom air dam moldings off the 550. In addition to the lower grille you will need the appropriate grille cutouts, relocation brackets and side air dam moldings if your car has ACC or NV.

If the 550 bumper has PDC holes you will also need the PDC sensors. The sensors that would be on your LCI car will not fit (too small).
For reference why don't you go to realoem.com so you can compare the parts you need visually and part number wise.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Members

WOW. Thank you!

Yup its OEM. No, I didnt get the PDC option so the bumper is free of the holes. I don't know what you mean by reolcation brackets though. I got everything else.

Are the supports the same (bumper support and side supports and the screws/clips?
Old 11-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Mr. Klean
WOW. Thank you!

Yup its OEM. No, I didnt get the PDC option so the bumper is free of the holes. I don't know what you mean by reolcation brackets though. I got everything else. Are the supports the same (bumper support and side supports and the screws/clips?
If your car has Active Cruise Control and/or Night Vision you will need relocation brackets because the sensors will not line up with the grille cutouts on the MSport bumper. I can sell you the ACC relocation brackets and grille cutout that is left over from my kit.

Everything else should be the same. I do have the foam cushions and bumper frame available too but I don't think you will need it.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 528i 6MT, Sports Package, Premium Package, Navigation

If you find the part number for the fog light bulb connector housing, please share. Our LCI E60's use H8 foglight bulbs and the Mtech uses 9006 bulbs. I couldn't seem to find out where to look on realoem.com.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mo858
If you find the part number for the fog light bulb connector housing, please share. Our LCI E60's use H8 foglight bulbs and the Mtech uses 9006 bulbs. I couldn't seem to find out where to look on realoem.com.
How about here:
Old 11-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Members

realoem.com is a great refernce point, but until you actually remove the bumper, you will not know if the side mounting brackets and the supports/clips are the same...and that's what I was trying to avoid..the extra downtime. Thank you all for your help.

Pukka, my car is not equipped with ACC or NV so i'm good on the extra parts. Thank you though.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Members

I had a same question. But everyone said...just get the OEM m-tech kit . The kit have everything what I need when I upgrade 535 to m-tech.
so I just placed an order.
i don't have acc or nv Neither

am I correct?? Plz tell me if I need more part to upgrade 535 to m-tech.

sorry to jacking your tread.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:11 AM
Senior Members

^^^ If you managed to order and get an OEM Mtech kit then you are lucky - it appears as if BMW is not selling them any more. If you have one then no worries - the kit comes with everything you need.

Quick Reply: '08 535i and installing 550i mtech front bumper HELP!