E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

07' 530Xi - Dash board creak

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello

Has anyone had any experiences with a sound the most resembles a clunk or a thump when the car changes pitch at an angle, example would be from the road to a driveway that is not level? It seems to me that when the car takes a bit of a pitch change from straight and level I get a thumping or clunking noice from roughly the center of the dashboard area. I have also noticed the noise when turning, but it's not as frequent, and there is no noise at all at moderate or high speeds. Thanks, I would be interested in your insight.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 10 535ix Graphite/Oyster, sport pkg, steptronic, nav, cold weather, prem I &II, conv pkg 08 535ix Saph Blk/Blk,sport pkg, steptronic, nav, sat, cold weather 07 X3 Blk Saph/Blk, prem,cold weather, xenon, nav 05 545i Orient Blu/Blk, anthracite, prem, sport, stptronic, nav, sat, comfort seats, cold weather, prem sound. 02 540it Grn/Grey, premium,sport pkg, cold weather, premium sound 99 528it Cashmere/beige, premium, cold weather

Originally Posted by petermit
Hello

Has anyone had any experiences with a sound the most resembles a clunk or a thump when the car changes pitch at an angle, example would be from the road to a driveway that is not level? It seems to me that when the car takes a bit of a pitch change from straight and level I get a thumping or clunking noice from roughly the center of the dashboard area. I have also noticed the noise when turning, but it's not as frequent, and there is no noise at all at moderate or high speeds. Thanks, I would be interested in your insight.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 10 535ix Graphite/Oyster, sport pkg, steptronic, nav, cold weather, prem I &II, conv pkg 08 535ix Saph Blk/Blk,sport pkg, steptronic, nav, sat, cold weather 07 X3 Blk Saph/Blk, prem,cold weather, xenon, nav 05 545i Orient Blu/Blk, anthracite, prem, sport, stptronic, nav, sat, comfort seats, cold weather, prem sound. 02 540it Grn/Grey, premium,sport pkg, cold weather, premium sound 99 528it Cashmere/beige, premium, cold weather

mine wasn't a thump, but rather a creak\squek. I thoought it was the dashboard as well, but they had to remove the windshield and replace. It worked.