E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

07 530i TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 05:11 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 530i TPMS

Hello,
My '07 530i TPMS light came on after discovering water leak in trunk. After the leak was fixed & reading few forums about this issue, changed out the RDC module but light stayed on. Changed all 4 wheel transmitter & main antenna, installed new TPM modules in each wheel with proper air in the tires still had no luck. TPMS reset function indicator is also grayed out in CCC i-drive which doesn't allow me to select & reset.
Discount tire told me the all TPMS working with good batteries. TPMS Fuse is also checked good.
Has anyone experienced this? Short of taking my car to dealer, What else can cause the I-drive not communicate with TPMS & show grayed out? Are any of the parts mentioned above need to coded to the vehicle in order to work? Thank you in advance for any help.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:11 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i

you changed the module but you didn't have it coded. It needs to be coded for your car. Also you should have pulled codes before throwing money on the car, there is an antenna on the underside of the car that can go bad, I doubt that the antenna is your issue but my point is next time get some codes pulled. My car is 10 years old and the transmitters in the tires are still from factory, they aren't cheap.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:13 PM
New Members

Apologies I see you changed the main antenna also. Good job figuring that one out, some people still think there is no antenna.. Anyway get the module coded, and get some codes pulled.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:31 AM
New Members

Thank you Daniel for the info. What if I can't get my hand on the old codes? I can't find the original RDC module.Do you have any recommendation on any tool or program that can make this accomplished by me rather than a dealer?
Old 12-17-2016, 07:14 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 550i
Model Year: 08

Just curious to know how water leak developed? I hear lots of other stories about water leak in the trunk!!! Are these cars having trunk water leak issue?
Old 12-18-2016, 09:02 AM
New Members

I failed to ensure proper seal of new tail lights when I installed. it only takes about 1/2 gallon of liquid to cause problem for the modules sitting below the spare tire. Remember that trunk rubber seal issues can cause water leaks too.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:15 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 525i
Model Year: 206

I just had a tires swap and now my car keeps it status as initializing without completion no matter how long I drove. I can still select to reset/initialize but this process never finishes. any ideas what to check> No code thrown on this
Old 12-20-2016, 07:24 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 550i
Model Year: 08

I had the TPM malfunction light few days ago at 20s F outside temp.
Checked the trunk and it was bone dry, just pressed the module connector to endure there are no loose connections, increased the pressure on all 4 tires, reset TPM and warning light/gong sound are gone now.
I can confirm that in cold weather there will be a higher chance of this issue.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:54 AM
New Members

Well you'll need NCSExpert. There are a bunch of rightups on the forum for this. Theres no way i could explain how to setup everything as good as some guides here. Also about the cold weather. When air gets hot it expands, hence why your supposed to pressure your tires after the car has been stopped for a couple hours. In the cold it works in the opposite way. Less pressure so you get the TPMS light.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:30 PM
New Members

My Ride: N54

I just finished it literally 10 minutes ago. Once you get the coding program up and have made the .MAN file (which is what you "save as" to mod instead of the original) change all "RDC_'' codes to " nicht_active". You must first unplug the RDC module that is located under the spare tire, under the foam cover that the spare is in top of. There was only 2 code lines that needed to be changed. I think it was (RDC_APPL_MONITOR) (RDC_VERBAUT). In the " KOMBI " setting. 08 e60