E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

'06 530i no crank, no instrument panel.. PLEASE HELP :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 07:39 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I
Model Year: 530i

Check List:

1. Car cranks and starts - No problem with the starter!
2. If one of fuel injectors goes out, the code reader will tell you which cylinder is misfiring.
3. If one of your spark plugs and coils is bad, you will get the code also.

Remove the MAF sensor and see if the car runs better without it. Clean it with only MAF Sensor cleaner. Don't touch the sensor part with your hand! It is connected to part of your air box (the big hose in the middle!).

How old and how many miles do you have on your fuel pump and fuel filter? Consider replacing both; because even one of them is "not consistently working", your codes reader cannot indicate it!!! Make sure to re-install them properly. If you are afraid of filling up the tank to full; then, there's the culprit of your ordeal!!! I really believe it's your fuel pump!!!

Did you remove the control unit/relay for your fuel pump and didn't think you would need it, because it makes the car lighter by 2 ounce and gain another 5 horse power (j/k!)? It's on the fuel box on the right side of the trunk!

There are two adjuster units, one in the outer intake manifold and one behind it. Remove the outer adjuster unit and see if it's broken.

Also, "visually" check the back of your engine cover (by the firewall) and see if the crankcase hose (PCV and oil separator?) is broken. If you have not replaced the whole assembly, touching it will break it apart due to long exposure of heat and its brittleness condition!

Did I say I really think it's your fuel pump and fuel filter!? A bad pump can work more inconsistently when you drive up and down hills. It's more unreliable in those conditions!!!!

Good luck!!!

Last edited by E60I; 11-20-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:50 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 530i e60 N52 engine

E60I, thanks for replying and sorry about the late response I will check these every few hours now I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but yes I did just replace the fuel pump and filter also my car is starting right up every time now but the problem is it's just running like total crap it shakes violently when I hit the gas it doesn't move it's like it's in limp mode but I don't know how to confirm if there is an official limp mode and if it's actually in it do you know I've decided that it has to be either the fuel injectors or somehow I'm not getting fuel pressure when I actually hit the gas BMW technician check for fuel pressure but he didn't check it to remain constant nor did we check it while I was driving also I'm going to do a smoke test to confirm that I don't have a vacuum leak but yes the CCV hose is cracked that will be here any day now but I was told by several people that that would not affect the car and the driving the way it is at the moment due to the severity of how its driving...

I strongly suspect the new fuel pump or filter could be the problem, possibly installation issues, because the fuel is not syphoning to the pump side and my gas guage is broke and when I try to pump gas in the car it clicks immediately as if the car has a full tank..Really weird

Today Im gonna try and find a fuel pressure tester to rent (autozone and O'Reilys dont have the correct adapter..as well as try and get a smoke test done for vacuum leaks..I swapped out the coils and plugs fron 12 and 3 with 4 5 and 6 so Ill head to autozone soon and get a new scan..Hopefully the misfires switch over to 4 5 and 6 coils and then problem solved 3 new coils
Hopefully

Any suggestions much appreciated..Im having a constant ses light BLINKING like half the time so InknownIm gonna fey my engine if i keeo driving but sometimes u just need your car ya know..Ok thanks guys hope for some feedback if Im on the right track..

i have in the way new CCV hose, new feul pump service module (relay), new MAF sensor (already cleaned, and yes i have more response from the throttle when unplugged..cleaning it did nothing..As well as a new oxygen sensor..

4 things that may solve the problem..

Tell me more about the fp relay I can remove it? And get more horsepower? Also I will check those 2 parts mentioned near the intake manifold and the back of it

thanks again!!
Old 12-04-2017, 05:53 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 530i e60 N52 engine

Oh you were joking about the fuel pump relay ha..i did unplug it amd car ran outts gas so it appears to work but i got a new one just in case!