E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'06 530i no crank, no instrument panel.. PLEASE HELP :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 07:35 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i e60 N52 engine
Default '06 530i no crank, no instrument panel.. PLEASE HELP :(

Hi guys 1st post ever.. I'm not even sure if this is the right forum. I hope it is...I'm hoping a genious can save me some $ by avoiding the stealership and learn more about my beautiful ultimate driving machine ?..Very grateful if anyone can help!!

So 2 weeks ago my nightmare started..My car started intermittently starting and misifiring when I accelerated too fast..Codes for crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensors, and vanos solenoids popped up when i hooked it up to the scanner..(as well as misfiring on like 4 cilinders but just got 6 coils and plugs so probably sensor related)..Sounds like I have a timing issue right?
K so I order those parts and last night she dies while driving..Now I know I'm not supposed to do this, but I would just turn it off and restart (while moving) because it would always restart while moving, after putting in neutral and touching the brakes and hitting the start button.. and then it wouldnt misfire, assumingly because the computer reset..
Well, here is when my REAL trouble started..Last night, instead of restarting, not only would it not start, it won't even CRANK ?...SO I towed it home..I just got canned from my job, so I have all day to figure this out as my car sits in front the house...
One more thing...and my most IMMEDIATE concern...after getting the car towed home, about an hour later, I tried to start it, and now the INSTRUMENT CLUSTER IS OUT, and everything else still gets power..Everything..
I've checked fuses (cant find ignition/starter fuse like other e60 fuse diagrams there must be 2), battery, codes wont scan im assuming but just did that the day prior (I know I should have codes pulled again (autozone last time) but car wont move and I'm STUCK..

Can anyone save me?! Thank you for listening...