E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

[Re Call] - Fuel Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d M Sport in Carbon Black

Not sure if this has been posted here or not...

There has been a recall issued on fuel injectors throughout the bmw range, I'm not aware of the full listing but i would suggest the next time your passing your dealer, pop in and ask the question.

My 525d m sport LCI will be in the garage this coming thursday to have all the injectors swapped out for new ones, free of charge of course.

I'm unaware if this recall is only on oil burners or if in fact it relates to petrol too.

I'll endeavour to get the recall reference number this coming thursday.

I get to skoot around in a Mini One for the day (my choice).
Old 06-10-2007, 12:48 AM
Members

Thanks for the early warning. Did the dealer happen to tell you what the particular problem might be and the severity of the issue (e.g. is this safety related)?
Old 06-10-2007, 01:56 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='434081' date='Jun 10 2007, 09:36 AM
Not sure if this has been posted here or not...

There has been a recall issued on fuel injectors throughout the bmw range, I'm not aware of the full listing but i would suggest the next time your passing your dealer, pop in and ask the question.

My 525d m sport LCI will be in the garage this coming thursday to have all the injectors swapped out for new ones, free of charge of course.

I'm unaware if this recall is only on oil burners or if in fact it relates to petrol too.

I'll endeavour to get the recall reference number this coming thursday.

I get to skoot around in a Mini One for the day (my choice).
Thanks for the heads up on this e60scotland. Any idea if this is affecting only LCI cars, or whether it goes back to older ones too?

MacSid
Old 06-10-2007, 02:06 AM
Contributors

I have no further details other than I was told the injectors are being replaced due to failure, I can only assume a faulty batch of injectors, how big the problem is i have no idea, I'll attempt to glean more info this coming thursday and report back.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Members

My Ride: E91 325i ´06

Thanks for the Info!!

Would much appreciate if you could post the reference number and more info when your car has been at the dealer.

If the problem applies to all LCI e60?s I really hope that they issue an official recall BEFORE everybodys injectors start failing...
Old 06-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Contributors

My 525d LCI was in today and had the fuel injectors replaced, the service reception was like the Tesco checkout on a friday evening so i did not manage to get much in the way of detail other than i had them check and the recall was genuine for my engine model.

The dealer told me that due to my car being in for the HGSL trim it triped the computer to alert them to the recall, normally they would send a letter out, I would suggest that anyone with this recall being a possibility should make a phone call to their dealer just in case.

On a lighter note i had a Mini (by choice) to drive today... nippy little thing and i'd imagine a nice little city type car, handling was crisp too, not for me though, i'm happy to have my e60 back and looking forward to the final HGSL being fitted in the coming weeks so that hopefully i can enjoy a few months of trouble free motoring.

R
Old 06-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Members

See this post. The Fuel Injectorin my LCI 530i has failed. There are a few others with similar problem. I guess the recall is fir this purpose.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=40601

ASenna04
Old 06-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 530i/2007 328i Coupe

This is pretty old news. I think it was just for E39's....had the recall done on my 2003 530i about 2 years ago. They replaced all the ejectors with a different brand (I forget the particulars now...I have since sold the car). The recall took all of 20 minutes at my BMW dealership.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d M Sport Individual Le Mans Blue Individual Platinum Leather (Extended) 19" Mixed Alloys Heads Up Display Piano Black Inserts (might change to aluminium, kids leave fingerprints everywhere) BMW I Pod Connection Aux Input Business Sat Nav BMW Rear Entertainment System incorperated in the roof Heated Seats Bluetooth Sun Prot Glass

I also have rough idle see my post from March.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...amp;mode=linear

My car is a 535d but one of the very last before the LCI model.

BMW Dealer has sent a Puma to BMW, what ever that means !
Old 05-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Originally Posted by ROYLANCE' post='583773' date='May 19 2008, 08:39 PM
I also have rough idle see my post from March.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...amp;mode=linear

My car is a 535d but one of the very last before the LCI model.

BMW Dealer has sent a Puma to BMW, what ever that means !
Not Williams of Manchester you're going to by any chance?

Quick Reply: [Re Call] - Fuel Injectors