E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

@@Need Body shop in Austin,TX@@

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: V8 beast!
Angry

I could blow my lid right now!!! Who would of though my first accident ever, would have been while sitting still in a parking lot.

Waiting on a Parking spot this afternoon, this guy backs directly into my car. It was almost like a bad dream in slow motion, I was literally slamming my horn for a good 5 seconds, however this guy backs right into my front driver?s side wheel well tearing up my rim and leaving a huge Dent in my wheel well.He had an older SUV with a steel bumper which allowed him to get away scott free from damage.

He got out apologized and didn?t even want my insurance paperwork, he gave me all his info, and I put in my claim with his insurance company. I have an appointment Tuesday with an Allstate appraiser, should I be concerned that what he appraises will not be comparable to how much it will charge to go to a reputable BMW body shop? Do I take my car to the dealer? Where do i take my car for repairs ?

Any suggestions will help, this is my first accident and I want this to be as smooth as possible.

Thanks guys, Pics will follow.

Im gonna go throw up now
Old 02-04-2006, 02:56 PM
dee
Members

My Ride: 05 545i jet blk/blk sports,sound

[quote name='UPENN545' date='Feb 4 2006, 03:44 PM' post='234875']
I could blow my lid right now!!! Who would of though my first accident ever, would have been while sitting still in a parking lot.

Waiting on a Parking spot this afternoon, this guy backs directly into my car. It was almost like a bad dream in slow motion, I was literally slamming my horn for a good 5 seconds, however this guy backs right into my front driver?s side wheel well tearing up my rim and leaving a huge Dent in my wheel well.He had an older SUV with a steel bumper which allowed him to get away scott free from damage.

He got out apologized and didn?t even want my insurance paperwork, he gave me all his info, and I put in my claim with his insurance company. I have an appointment Tuesday with an Allstate appraiser, should I be concerned that what he appraises will not be comparable to how much it will charge to go to a reputable BMW body shop? Do I take my car to the dealer? Where do i take my car for repairs ?

Any suggestions will help, this is my first accident and I want this to be as smooth as possible.

Im gonna go throw up now
[/quot
Report it to ur insurance then drop car off at dealer.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: V8 beast!

I was told not to report to my insurance, is this wrong info?

Anyone else want to expound ?
Old 02-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Oh man that sucks! sorry to hear... I always thought its best to inform your own insurance anyways... if its not your fault they shouldnt raise your premiums...
Old 02-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by UPENN545' post='234875' date='Feb 4 2006, 05:44 PM

Im gonna go throw up now
You are in "good hands" at Allstate. My brother-in-law has been a long time Allstate agent, and I've had very good experience with Allstate in general. There's a couple of advice.

1. You do not need to report to your insurcance company UNLESS the other guy's insurance is bad (null).
2. When you meet with the Allstate Adjuster, you should tell him that you are taking it to a dealer or a shop of your choice. He/she will tell you that the repair is good for the lifetime ownership of the car (this is true) if you take it to their certified shop.
3. I recommend that you take it to a BMW dealer (Allstate certified). They'll likely treat you better than your run of the mill body shop unless you have a perfectionist body shop body. If so, take it to your buddy.
4. Being a black car, demand (they will already quote it) to paint the whole damage part of the car. NO BLENDING. Remove the body part if necessary to avoid paint tap effect. A good job is one in which you cannot see the difference between the newly painted area and the old area of the same part, e.g. fender - Inside and outside edging.
5. If you simply can't find a trusted painter (body shop), I know of one in Houston (near the Woodleands).
6. When it comes to painting and repairing dents, you want to look for perfectionist.