5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   *** A.G. UNITED *** (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/%2A%2A%2A-g-united-%2A%2A%2A-82367/)

theXman 07-29-2009 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As the title stated, I'd like to call out all Amethyst Gray owners. Because I always wonder how many members (active or not) actually have one. I, for one, love this color as it's unique, plus you don't find that many on the road anywhere in NY/NJ (let alone modded ones). For those who live around the Tri-States know there are so many E60s in the area. And I always enjoy seeing other E60 drivers staring at my car and sometimes commenting on it (positive mostly :) ).

Anyway, I know there are a couple active members like Dirk "dirksqjaw" and Derrick "deriffic". But there are some others whom I came across and forgot about. So, come on in and show your color, bro! :thumbsup:

pjinca 07-29-2009 03:09 PM

BOTH OF YOU SHOW YOUR COLORS PROUDLY!!!

j/k I like AG it's unique and looks really good on your car X

jm545i 07-29-2009 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by theXman' post='958728' date='Jul 29 2009, 07:06 PM
As the title stated, I'd like to call out all Amethyst Gray owners. Because I always wonder how many members (active or not) actually have one. I, for one, love this color as it's unique, plus you don't find that many on the road anywhere in NY/NJ (let alone modded ones). For those who live around the Tri-States know there are so many E60s in the area. And I always enjoy seeing other E60 drivers staring at my car and sometimes commenting on it (positive mostly :) ).

Anyway, I know there are a couple active members like Dirk "dirksqjaw" and Derrick "deriffic". But there are some others whom I came across and forgot about. So, come on in and show your color, bro! :thumbsup:

I will post a pic a little later - love my A.G. 545i. I flew to Nebraska from NYC (and drove back) to get the one I wanted.

theXman 07-29-2009 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by jm545i' post='958810' date='Jul 29 2009, 08:35 PM
I will post a pic a little later - love my A.G. 545i. I flew to Nebraska from NYC (and drove back) to get the one I wanted.

jm - Great to hear from you and thanks for checking in. I bet that must be a long and fun drive back from Nebraska. Love to see some new pics of your A.G. 545i.

deriffic 07-29-2009 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by theXman' post='958728' date='Jul 30 2009, 07:06 AM

I also think AG color looks very unique and stand out from the crowd. I put on many carbon fiber parts and they match perfectly. SUPPORT !! :twoup:

craigm1841 07-29-2009 05:16 PM

i saw one in real life once.

:lol:

DKNewYork 07-29-2009 05:31 PM

I saw this car twice in the city a long time ago. ACS kit, spoilers and 20's.

https://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1396/age60.jpg

darkus 07-29-2009 05:33 PM

This has got to be one of the rarest colors, but I can see it being very nice in person, but with chrome its not so nice to be honest...

jm545i 07-29-2009 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by theXman' post='958854' date='Jul 29 2009, 09:13 PM
jm - Great to hear from you and thanks for checking in. I bet that must be a long and fun drive back from Nebraska. Love to see some new pics of your A.G. 545i.

This is the only clear one I've got... the best time of day for this color is at dusk - purple comes out just a bit. In bright light it looks a little bronze.

I get a LOT of complements on it, mostly from women but also from parking attendants, some of whom think it's a custom paint job, as they're used to seeing black, white and silver only.

I agree with the notion that it looks best with shadowline trim (then again, I think all of the colors look best with shadowline.....) Something about the chrome takes away from it.

radzM 07-29-2009 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by deriffic' post='958859' date='Jul 29 2009, 08:16 PM
I also think AG color looks very unique and stand out from the crowd. I put on many carbon fiber parts and they match perfectly. SUPPORT !! :twoup:

nice front fenders man! I like it!