E39 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E39 (1997 - 2003) 5 series!

my 530 is having issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

My friend has an 03 530i. he just recently just purchases this car. Everything was fine until a week ago, his battery was weak and he took it to Sears (big mistake maybe)... and they replaced his battery. When he got his car back it had, traction, light (circle w/ the triangle in the middle) and the abs light on along w/ the brake light in yellow. Does anyone knows what that could be? Since he just bought the car from a private guy we have no leads on the problem.
Also an unrelated issue that yesterday after he shut off the car, the air blower stayed on and wouldn't cut off, causing the battery to drain over night. Jumped the car in the morning and even when the car if off the air blower motor stays on, even thought no air comes through the front vents. Any ideas are appreciated. He has already dumped his savings into the car, can't really take it to the stealers.
Thank you
Old 06-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shezmon
My friend has an 03 530i. he just recently just purchases this car. Everything was fine until a week ago, his battery was weak and he took it to Sears (big mistake maybe)... and they replaced his battery. When he got his car back it had, traction, light (circle w/ the triangle in the middle) and the abs light on along w/ the brake light in yellow. Does anyone knows what that could be? Since he just bought the car from a private guy we have no leads on the problem.
Also an unrelated issue that yesterday after he shut off the car, the air blower stayed on and wouldn't cut off, causing the battery to drain over night. Jumped the car in the morning and even when the car if off the air blower motor stays on, even thought no air comes through the front vents. Any ideas are appreciated. He has already dumped his savings into the car, can't really take it to the stealers.
Thank you
First mistake ... SEARS!! That's where you buy lawnmowers and some tools -- NOT to diagnose a BMW!

If your friend isn't up to paying the price of admission to a BMW Dealer Service Center he should find a competent experienced independent BMW mechanic ASAP. BMW Electrical issues are far too complex for the inexperienced DIY'er or a general auto mechanic accustomed doing oil changes on a Ford.