DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

What is the latest SatNav firmware version?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the most current version of the Satnav firmware I can go up to a April 2005 build date E60?

I've got a 2009-1 DVD working but wondered if there the latest NAVI software will add any extra features?

(The actual firmware of the Navigation rather then the satnav dvd)
Old 02-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

depends on the actual software you already have, last feature added was perspective view and a menu colour change, to upgrade the software would require upto 7 hours
of coding and cost around £300, i need a re-code to get my headlight washers working.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:53 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 545i Sport Touring

My 2009-2 Pro Europe DVD works OK after a small update off the disk, but the full 7 digit post code + speed + red light cameras it has will only work if the Nav system is updated from March 2005. So it seems the only benefit in this situation is that the updated mapping works OK over my original early 2005 disk.

Sytners were not impressed with the presence of my DVD when I requested a software update at more or less the cost you quoted and were reluctant to do so unless I purchased a disk from them at some phenominal further charge which I can't recall as it went straight in one orifice and out the other.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

There is nothing called a Nav Software upgrade on our cars (unlike the older MKx cars where you could upgrade just the Nav). The Nav gets upgraded with the rest of the car. The last noticeable difference in the Nav area came with CIP 25.x and that brought a new colour scheme to the idrive but more importantly gave us the All important "Search By Name" feature. Without that the POIs were fairly pointless.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Contributors

Cheers
I was hoping there was an update to get it to beep on approach to POI's like speedcams but looks like its not available or going to be mega expensive..

Thanks for the replies

Jay77
Old 02-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Not available yet, no matter how much you are willing to pay.

On the MKx cars because people have access to the firmware there is a version that has been hacked to provide a sound on approaching a POI. However because it works on proximity it can get very annoying especially if you have the POI as a Speed Camera. It beeps for everything in a set radius, so you will even hear the beeps of Speed cameras in parallel lanes even if there are none on the road you are driving on - That would drive me Nuts!!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Not available yet, no matter how much you are willing to pay.

On the MKx cars because people have access to the firmware there is a version that has been hacked to provide a sound on approaching a POI. However because it works on proximity it can get very annoying especially if you have the POI as a Speed Camera. It beeps for everything in a set radius, so you will even hear the beeps of Speed cameras in parallel lanes even if there are none on the road you are driving on - That would drive me Nuts!!

Cheers Bruce,
Yes I would rather not have it on if that was the case, its a shame it cant be hacked and updated but if worst comes to worst I could always use Tomtom or the like...

Jay
Old 02-15-2010, 02:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

lol my tomtom is way better than my business nav
Old 02-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BLooD
lol my tomtom is way better than my business nav

Its better then the Pro Nav too! Lol
Old 03-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Members

why cant find the navigation word i can see the car data instead why???

Quick Reply: What is the latest SatNav firmware version?