DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

what have i done?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 05:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok..quick update, i have just got back from cartronics in byfleet surrey, and they have re set the air bag warning lights, and made up new looms for the seat modules and loaded the new software on to my car as well as clearing a fault with the front led lights, plus fixing a radio fault...all for ?500
car now has retro fit m5 leather and alls good. very helpfull people, and they said instead of me paying ?180 for modules to convert my old rear lights to the new lci led ones they said they can now do this via a software update for much cheaper....dam.....
so give them a call....
Old 10-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='684849' date='Oct 3 2008, 07:11 PM
hi guys, i have just bought a 2004 530d that only had the cloth interior...now i wanted this car as it was known to me and perfect...
ok, i have just bought a compleate interior from a m sport car (heated memory leather)
i have just swaped it all over and have 2 problems
firstly i changed the front seats over with the car running..(daft i know) asnd now have a error message up saying air bag/pre tensioner fault (i expect i need to get it reset by bmw?)
secondly i have no power to either front seat? my old cloth ones were half electric (all worked) and the new ones were working when i removed them from the breaker car.,..
now could there be a fuse or relay needed for the new electric seats that i didnt have fitted or is there something i have missed?
thanks for your time and i hope to post regulary now i own her.
regards
david.
Hello Dave, I met you a few weeks ago in Camberley for the trim swap, I have bought M5 seats as well, where did you get them fitted/programmed again? Thanks
Old 10-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

to the forums hope everything works out well GL!!
Old 10-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Nick525DSport' post='700028' date='Oct 22 2008, 12:47 PM
Hello Dave, I met you a few weeks ago in Camberley for the trim swap, I have bought M5 seats as well, where did you get them fitted/programmed again? Thanks
pm sent nick
the best person to work on your E60 around the London / home counties area is Jason at

www.b&wchiptune.co.uk

he is a genuine bloke and knows his stuff.

he will also activate all the "hidden" features on your car, such as audio sounds on your alarm/arming etc.
he uses the same diagnostic computers as BMW.