DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

upgrade bumpers from SE to sport set (help)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys,

ive bought a set of original sport bumpers for my lovely e60. I managed to dismantle the rear bumper and quickly reliased that i was missing a few parts.

1. my pdc sensors are in a small mount but the new holes in the sport bumpers are bigger. so where can i buy the correct mounting kit for the sensors i already have?

2. will the the plastic inner part of the bumper from the SE fit the new sport bumper? when i lined this up with the bumper and inner part it did not match up. so do i need to buy the sport inner bumper part?

please help, im sure this has been covered somewhere!! any pics

QAZSTAR (newbie)
Old 06-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

you have obviously bought the bumpers on their own and not the M Sport Retrofit kit. There are many parts that you need and you soon find that when you buy these separately suddenly the install becomes very expensive. Also if you say that the holes on the bumper for the pdc are bigger then you seem to have bought the wrong bumper as well. There is a difference between the LCI and pre-LCI pdc holes but there is no difference between the pdc holes between the se and the sport bumpers within the same year.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Members

hi

ok thanks, the bumpers that i bought already came with all the parts ie fogs ,grill etc. and they are genuine. so let me understand this that there is no way of modding this bumper with a pdc kit that allows this to install my original pdc onto this bumper?

looks like i may have to put these back up for sale. would you say that the bumpers i bought are a later version lci!!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Members

may be you can check by the bumper part number to confirm if its a lci or not

How much did it cost you ?
Old 06-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Read these and see whaat stuff you are missing.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/259...ost__p__390968

https://5series.net/forums/topic/384..._1#entry409176
Old 06-29-2011, 12:52 AM
Members

hi

thats some great information, thanks

i bought the front and back with side skirts this included fogs ,diffuser ,grill, and air ducts for 400 pounds. but after looking at the info provided above im thinking of just ordering from that same guy!! any prices available?

thanks
Old 06-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Contributors

If you mean you plan to order from quad_m then please DONT

That guy scammed several people here. But while he was here he put up some good information about the M kit.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Members

Hi

well im glad u pointed that out so ive decided to carry on with the build and finish what ive started. the parts that im missing have been ordered from bmw ,this would include side mounts and centre mount and battery cover. im gonna swap my rear bumper with a guy who sells these and get the correct one for mine(smaller pdc holes). i will then spray and install by next week all the parts except the front bumper as i would need to swap this or sell on ebay and buy the correct version for my car.

i am gratefull for your help as this has given me confidence and guidance to finish this project off. it also gets me off the hook with the mrs LOL

thanks

is there any cutiing or adjustments for the front bumper ? any pdf files for this ?