DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Thank You Mrbelk and pubmeister on cradle install

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you both so much on the cradle install. Both of your post was so clear and self explainatory.

I was able to get this done in about 20 minutes.

The shark fin antenna actually improved my reception (i have very bad cinqular coverage at my house, usually 0 to 1 bar. With sharkfin antenna i actually got 3 bar tonight).

Drove around a little bit tonight (excuse, as i am leaving for china for 3 month on sunday). Found that i now can get at least 4 bar everywhere i go.

Charging also works.

I was lucky I did not even need to remove the rear vents. Both connectors went through the hole fine and on 1st try without removing the vent.

I would suggest that the big black connector on the ejector box to be diassembled 1st (take a screw driver and the connectors inside the housing will pop out). Than slide the bare connector and co-axial through the small opening in the center console (hence no need to remove the rear vent). The after both connector pass through the center console and vent area, simply reassmble the black connector. Then you are pretty much done.

For 06 there is no need to check to see if Antenna is connected in the trunk. BMW has already made that connection for you. So everything is strickly limited to the center console for 06.

regards