5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   DIY: Do It Yourself (https://5series.net/forums/diy-do-yourself-14/)
-   -   Retrofitting PDC in E60 with OEM BMW parts - Need help with programming/coding (https://5series.net/forums/diy-do-yourself-14/retrofitting-pdc-e60-oem-bmw-parts-need-help-programming-coding-126897/)

acc41d 10-11-2012 10:04 AM

Retrofitting PDC in E60 with OEM BMW parts - Need help with programming/coding

Hi there,

I'm going to retrofit PDC in my BMW E60 520i 2003/08 using the following BMW OEM parts:
1 x PDC sensor cable set front bumper
1 x PDC sensor cable set rear bumper
1 x PDC modification cable
4 x PDC sensors front
4 x PDC sensors back
1 x PDC module
1 x PDC / DSC switch console

The retrofitting will be done by a professional who's going to receive a reasonable amount of money from me. But the coding/programming part I want to do myself (since I won't have any money left). I have everything I need to code/program and my laptop set up and running correctly (INPA, EDIBAS, NCS EXPERT, DIS, PROGMAN + USB OBD II cable)

Since I'm a newbie to programming/coding I would really appreciate some help with coding my retrofitted PDC. What do I have to do/code in order to get the OEM PDC working?

Your help is really appreciated!

Thanks.

roskinc 10-11-2012 10:44 PM

this is a retrofit ive been wondering about doing myself. going to keep an eye out on this thread, please keep us updated on progress...have you looked into that's all your going to need? ive searched and haven't seen anyone do the retrofit

acc41d 10-12-2012 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by roskinc (Post 1473625)
this is a retrofit ive been wondering about doing myself. going to keep an eye out on this thread, please keep us updated on progress...have you looked into that's all your going to need? ive searched and haven't seen anyone do the retrofit

Yes, it's all you need, I know the guy who's going to install everything and he's done it a couple of times before so it shouldn't be a problem.

I think I've got the programming part figured out to, will update this thread as soon as I have everything up and running.

txag_530i 10-14-2012 04:50 AM

You are going to need to update the vehicle order to include the PDC, and then code the M-ASK or CCC to activate the option.

Have you considered a rear-view camera? For less money then you are spending on the BMW PDC parts you can get a rear-view camera installed from modmynav.

acc41d 10-16-2012 11:55 AM

It's all done.

Step 1: Install all the parts
Step 2: Update the vehicle order to include PDC ($508)
Step 3: Code the M-ASK (in my case) to show PDC

Thanks for the reply's.

roskinc 10-17-2012 09:37 PM

everything working fine? curious, how much did it all end up costing you? did you get all the parts from the dealer? happen to have part numbers?

acc41d 10-19-2012 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by roskinc (Post 1474537)
everything working fine? curious, how much did it all end up costing you? did you get all the parts from the dealer? happen to have part numbers?

It works PERFECTLY!

In total it cost me EUR 490 for the parts and EUR 250 to have it all built in.

For a full overview of all the parts, condition, part numbers and where I bought them see the following website http://goo.gl/YlGxk (Google Spreadsheet)

If you have any questions feel free to ask them.

- acc41d

F-Tar 01-29-2014 05:49 AM

I wanna do this! I already have them sensors in the back. I'm not planning to retrofit PDC in front.

I just can't find all the cables i need. PDC Module and DSC/PDC module is no issue. I need wiring with oem connectors. I just can't find this as used parts. I can only find pdc sensor cable set, which i already have.

How about the gong? Was the speaker alredy prepared for that or did you have to use another speaker?

You should have done a DIY cus there is non for E60.

tom_il 01-29-2014 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by F-Tar (Post 1530221)
I wanna do this! I already have them sensors in the back. I'm not planning to retrofit PDC in front.

I just can't find all the cables i need. PDC Module and DSC/PDC module is no issue. I need wiring with oem connectors. I just can't find this as used parts. I can only find pdc sensor cable set, which i already have.

How about the gong? Was the speaker alredy prepared for that or did you have to use another speaker?

You should have done a DIY cus there is non for E60.

Only sensors in the back ? Not sure if this will work. E60/61 always has them front and rear. Not sure you can disable half of them.

F-Tar 01-29-2014 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by tom_il (Post 1530246)
Only sensors in the back ? Not sure if this will work. E60/61 always has them front and rear. Not sure you can disable half of them.

There is only one way to find out but to do it. I've been woundering this too for bout a year but nobody really knows.