DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Parrot Bluetooth carkit installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 02:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 E60 Bi-Fuel Business Navigation Park distance control Sunroof extended airco with armrest 18" M5 rims with Runflats xbox with 2 headrests LCD front LCD video enabled Detachable towbar Alarm anti-blind rearview mirror Adaptive Xenon Bluetooth carkit Garage door opener integrated Headlight cleaning system Seat heating front

Here are some pictures of my Bluetooth carkit parrot 3200 LS what I installed in My E60

The result:
Parrot Bluetooth carkit installation-img_8254.jpg

To install I used a screw-driver to remove overhead light compartment panel:
Parrot Bluetooth carkit installation-screw1.jpg
Parrot Bluetooth carkit installation-screw2.jpg
Parrot Bluetooth carkit installation-screw3.jpg
Parrot Bluetooth carkit installation-open.jpg

The control/lcd display

I used the brown/blue wire of the electronic-roof switch to operate as the "Ignition-switch-on" wire which is needed by the main module.
I removed the backcover from the The LCD-display, so it will look better. The three screws that are attched to to mount the backcover. I used theses screws to mount the lcd module to the panel.
A hole is made to supply the main lcd module for enough cooling capacity

Parrot Bluetooth carkit installation-achter.jpg

The main module is placed behind the glovebox comartment next to the cd-changer.
A extra fuse is mounted to supply the main module with 12 volts
Parrot Bluetooth carkit installation-fuse1.jpg

The microphone
Its just hanging loosly out of the roof
Parrot Bluetooth carkit installation-mic1.jpg
Old 03-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Looks great!
Old 03-05-2006, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

Have you connected phone audio to the car's stereo?
Old 03-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 Bi-Fuel Business Navigation Park distance control Sunroof extended airco with armrest 18" M5 rims with Runflats xbox with 2 headrests LCD front LCD video enabled Detachable towbar Alarm anti-blind rearview mirror Adaptive Xenon Bluetooth carkit Garage door opener integrated Headlight cleaning system Seat heating front

Originally Posted by big_ipaq' post='250153' date='Mar 5 2006, 11:57 AM
Have you connected phone audio to the car's stereo?
No, I have a seperate speaker, but this carkit has a seperate input for the front output lines from the car's stereo and an output to the front speakers. So its possible to hear everything trought the front speakers while he mutes the music.

The problem still exists is that the rear speakers will continueu to play music.

But for me its no problem, when the phone rings, the carkit says the name of the person that is phoning you (if you have added a voice label) and that I have to perform 2 actions, press the mute button on the steering wheel and pick up the phone.

At least this carkit accepts all the bluetooth phones (updates of firmware are available) unlike the BMW carkit that supports some phones who where used in the stone-age
Old 05-31-2006, 07:52 PM
IHC
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi -- silver grey

Very Nice!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Members

Update:

Do not use the brown/blue wire but look for another wire.

When it was very cold (-10 Celsius) my carkit wasn't working. I beleave this had something to do with the Airco because it was alson not working. The E60 switches off the airco when its very cold.

So when its very cold, your carkit wouldn't work.

I used a cable from the rear fusebox obove the battery
Old 06-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Members

great clean install!

does this parrot kit provide a color theme that matches the bmw's red/orange?

and where did you install parrot's external speaker?

thanks!
Old 06-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by homerfromathens' post='292402' date='Jun 4 2006, 02:42 PM
great clean install!

does this parrot kit provide a color theme that matches the bmw's red/orange?

and where did you install parrot's external speaker?

thanks!
I believe you can upload every pic to the parrot (maybe a small i-drive screen picture)

The external speaker is in the fishnet where the passengers feet are. I didn't install it properly
Old 06-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Justin' post='292880' date='Jun 5 2006, 11:22 PM
I believe you can upload every pic to the parrot (maybe a small i-drive screen picture)

The external speaker is in the fishnet where the passengers feet are. I didn't install it properly
ya, i know that you can upload whatever pic to the parrot. but it will be for the background only. if you want, i can provide to you a small i-drive screen (just tell me the sceen resolution and i will make it for you).

what i would like to know is if you can change the colors of the menu/fonts to bmw's red/orange.

fishnet...
Old 06-19-2006, 04:46 AM
Members

very clean install. after reading this I amthimkimg of getting it. what other places did you consider putting it on. To look at the screen you have to look up isn't it? And have you considered other place for the speaker? Is echo a problem?
Thanks
Your feedback will help me makeup my mind

Quick Reply: Parrot Bluetooth carkit installation