DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 09:26 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW

Originally Posted by Kewill0360
Never mind i did it.
care to share how you did it ?

Want the mirrors to close automatically without me holding the lock button.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Many of these coding functions can be done via an app on your phone these days.

Lookup the Carly app for iPhone and android. You also buy an obdii connector then use the app the read error codes, register your battery, and code functions like mirrors, lights, etc.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:38 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 535i M-Sport
Model Year: 2010

Hey guys I was trying to avoid having to ask on here, but after several attempts I can't figure out whats going on lol

Today I replaced my factory side mirrors for oem e60 m5 side mirrors. My car is a 2010 e60 with SA430 power folding factory installed.

Prior to installing the m5 mirrors, I had successfully coded my car to auto fold with remote with the factory mirrors.

After installing the m5 mirrors, I lost the remote fold option. I did try accessing NCS expert and repeated the whole process of coding for auto fold with remote, but with no success.

The m5 mirrors do fully function and fold upon pressing the fold button inside the car.

Any ideas?

Thanks !
Old 03-16-2017, 04:38 PM
New Members

My Ride: F30 320i PRE LCI
Default Every code in this thread

Every code that has been written on this thread i collected iy in a text file.
gonna organize it and post it later, here is the unorganized version.
thank the original authors.
VOILAA
Attached Files
File Type: docx
ALL WHAT YOU CAN IMAGINE.docx (10.2 KB, 821 views)
Old 04-24-2017, 03:09 AM
New Members

My Ride: Bmw 530dA
Model Year: 2007
Default about rpm press clutch

Hello.
Anybody can tell me what parameters have to change and module, so that when I stepping the clutch of the car, raise the engine revolutions?
Thanks.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci

Originally Posted by zonum
Hello.
Anybody can tell me what parameters have to change and module, so that when I stepping the clutch of the car, raise the engine revolutions?
Thanks.
I"m not sure what you are trying to do here. Are you talking about rev matching when shifting gears?
Old 04-25-2017, 07:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Mohamed Abdelwahab
Every code that has been written on this thread i collected iy in a text file.
gonna organize it and post it later, here is the unorganized version.
thank the original authors.
VOILAA
Quality post! Great summary
Old 04-25-2017, 07:37 AM
New Members

My Ride: Bmw 530dA
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I"m not sure what you are trying to do here. Are you talking about rev matching when shifting gears?
No, NoQuarter.
I mean that when the clutch is pressed, the revolutions go up. This effect seems to be applied to prevent engine draft.
Sorry for the bad translation.
Thanks
Old 04-25-2017, 08:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zonum
No, NoQuarter.
I mean that when the clutch is pressed, the revolutions go up. This effect seems to be applied to prevent engine draft.
Sorry for the bad translation.
Thanks
I see... sorry not familiar with this one.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:39 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

I need your input in this one.
My car is a pre-LCI (06'). One of my first upgrades is installing LCI tail lights using the Bruce Miranda adapters. It is still installed and working fine. Later on, I upgraded the LM to the newer LM2. It was coded in by a member here (nomis_nehc). I wanted the AE welcome lights feature as well as AE as daytime running lights.

Anyway, that was a few years ago. I recently took my car to the shop and had them register a new battery. A few days later, I noticed that the tail outside corner lights are on when the car is in daytime running light mode. However it is off when the car is driving at night and the all the lights are on.

Doing some research, I find that it has something to do with the outside corner lights in DRL set to ACTIV.

How should the fix be approached based on my car's hardware combination? Should it just be approached as programming as if the car came stock with the LM2 (even if the car is pre-LCI)? But then how will that work if I have the Bruce Miranda adapters for the tail? Unfortunately nomis_nech moved away so I can't take my car to him. Also, the shop that worked on my car pretty much had no clue on what happened to my tail lights.
Attached Thumbnails NCSExpert Code Mods-img_5945.jpg  

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods