DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

MOD/Upgrade HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Black Sapphire 2004 5.30i

I have a 2004 5.30i...just bought it so i'm a noob and also don't know a lot about BMW's...

Does anyone know if this upgrade kit will work?

or be any better than just replacing the bulb??

Angel Eye Upgrade Kit

Also, if i want to replace my stock fog lights for xenon's can i just replace the bulb with an HID bulb or do i need a kit as well??

FINALLY last question is...does anyone know if there are any ways around upgrading computer software in order to connect an iPod...

i've done many searches and seen conflicting answers...my dealer says no (he also says the sware upgrade will be $300)...
Old 04-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by slm6715' post='850341' date='Apr 17 2009, 11:54 AM
I have a 2004 5.30i...just bought it so i'm a noob and also don't know a lot about BMW's...

Angel Eye Upgrade Kit

Also, if i want to replace my stock fog lights for xenon's can i just replace the bulb with an HID bulb or do i need a kit as well??

FINALLY last question is...does anyone know if there are any ways around upgrading computer software in order to connect an iPod...

i've done many searches and seen conflicting answers...my dealer says no (he also says the sware upgrade will be $300)...
to the forum

Contact Erick / member: elite_motorsports_BMW about the angel eyes & the hid fog lights. He has what you need and at a good price too. I dont recommend those cheap ebay angel eyes since I had them myself and had nothing but trouble from them like one not matching the other, not bright at all, one of them gave out after a couple months, etc. so I guess you get what you pay for.

Edwin
Old 04-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by slm6715' post='850341' date='Apr 17 2009, 08:54 AM

Angel Eye Upgrade Kit

First off to the forum

AE's:

That ebay AE kit will work, the most recc'd AE kit (and also most priciest) is the AngeliBright AE upgrade:

http://www.angelibright.com/

Fogs:
You can "xenon match" bulbs or upgrade to an HID kit. Browse the vendor classified section for HID kits...

For AE and hid upgrades: members elite_motorsports_BMW and brabusw209amg sell good products as well

iPod:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=59271&hl=

that memebr also sells the kit to get it working...
Old 04-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='850355' date='Apr 17 2009, 12:08 PM
First off to the forum

AE's:

That ebay AE kit will work, the most recc'd AE kit (and also most priciest) is the AngeliBright AE upgrade:

Fogs:
You can "xenon match" bulbs or upgrade to an HID kit. Browse the vendor classified section for HID kits...

For AE and hid upgrades: members elite_motorsports_BMW and brabusw209amg sell good products as well

iPod:

Thanks to both of you for such quick responses
Old 04-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='850355' date='Apr 17 2009, 12:08 PM
First off to the forum

AE's:

Fogs:

iPod:

The problem with this is that i don't have the CD changer...only the ability to add one ..
from my understanding if i don't get my software upgraded...my car wont' recognize something is plugged into it...

i was hoping there was another way to do this without springing the 300 for an upgrade (being able to use iDrive to browse my ipod is not important to me...i'm okay with controlling it from the iPod)