DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

MINOR ACCIDENT

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate it when this happens, but i was waiting at Charlie Brown Roundabaout in woodford, when a woman in Nissan Corolla shunted me from behind, me, my son, and dad were in the car, we all fine and the car seems to be in tact, however the bumper, were the collission actually had impact has dented inwards into the bumper,

i was thinking can it be just touched up or is it going to need a re-spray

have attached the photos of it, and will put another one up shortly after, as there is so much sun, cant get the camera to get the damaged area in light.

have circled in RED CIRCLE

what can be done?
can anything be done? its going to be at the other drivers expense.
Attached Thumbnails MINOR ACCIDENT-25062008406.jpg   MINOR ACCIDENT-25062008407.jpg   MINOR ACCIDENT-25062008408.jpg  
Old 06-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Sorry to hear about the shunt -- very frustrating when that happens -- but please no-one was hurt.

It looks like your bumper is dented?
Is the alignment still fine -- maybe worth taking the bumper off and check there is no damage underneath?

If it is just very minor stratches, you may even be able to get it done by one of those mobile "paint doctors"? If its deeper, then it probably needs more work doing and a complete respray. Difficult to say without clearly seeing the damage.

You just had it painted, so maybe worth asking your paint-shop what they think. Good luck with it all.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

Glad your kid, dad and you are fine.

Paul at M-Style should be able to sort that for you mate. Isn't that where you had the Sliverstone done anyway? It's pretty minor so shouldn't cost too much. If that's not an option then ChipsAway are just a phone call away.

As xBMWx says though, will definitely be worth checking that it's not busted anything out of sight and that the alignment is fine.

Good Luck

Marc
Old 06-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BmW 545I, Titanium Gray, Black Interior with Bamboo Anthracite wood trim, Sport Package.

yo beemer first you should of slapped her and told her DIDNT YOUR MOMMA EVER TEACH YOU NOT TO REAR END BEEMERS ESPECIALLY SICK BEEMERS LIKE YOURS i think you might have to repaint the whole bumper if you want it to look 100 percent again. Getting my KIT PAINTED TODAY BRING IT BY they will spray yours too in GRAY that is
Old 06-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Man that sucks.

But whats a Nissan Corolla?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='609901' date='Jun 25 2008, 01:31 PM
Man that sucks.

But whats a Nissan Corolla?
It's one of those Nissans with the Corolla engine, kinda like the BMW with the Honda engine

-Sorry to hear about the accident, glad to hear you, your son and your dad are ok.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Fill the indents with touch up paint so that it is above the surface ,then use rubbing compound on a micro fiber cloth wrapped around a solid flat object (a small piece of wood or plastic) then rub off the paint that sits above the surface till flat, then buff it out with a fine scratch remover . It will be 99% ..........good luck
Old 06-26-2008, 01:55 AM
Members

if you watched the movie AVP Requiem and saw the Predalien, then this is no different...
Old 06-26-2008, 01:57 AM
Members

sorry, this message is for the Nissan Corolla... haha
Old 06-26-2008, 03:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MarcsOnFire' post='609765' date='Jun 25 2008, 04:46 PM
Glad your kid, dad and you are fine.

Paul at M-Style should be able to sort that for you mate. Isn't that where you had the Sliverstone done anyway? It's pretty minor so shouldn't cost too much. If that's not an option then ChipsAway are just a phone call away.

As xBMWx says though, will definitely be worth checking that it's not busted anything out of sight and that the alignment is fine.

Good Luck

Marc
thanks marc, and to all being concerned here,, you guys really care!!! Thank you

anyhow spoke to PAUL, And he said its very minor, and cant be noticed unless you specifically look at it, and when i asked my mate to find it, he couldnt, so not to visible, but
to me its always there, i suppose its different, when you have so much pride and joy in it, that you can even feel the dent..................

Next time i get my Eisenmann then i will get it touched up ever so slightly......

once again members thanks again.

Quick Reply: MINOR ACCIDENT