DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

M5 Aero Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i E60 Orient Blau Metallic Premium, NAV, Winter Package, Heads Up Display, Logic 7 Audio, AngeliBright Upgrade [White], M5 Body Kit, M Embroidered Seats

Anyone have pix of actual install of the M5 Aero Kit on their vehicle? I know a number of us out there have done it and the kits' easily available from Quad_M [plug for Tony], but for most of us newbies, the task is daunting insofar as taking off the bumpers and installing new body parts is concerned.

Any DIYers have their install out there??? Post pix - I am sure will increase orders by a factor of ten!

2005 545i Orient Blue Metallic, Black Leather on Black Anthracite Trim with Premium Sound/NAV/Comfort Seats/HUD/Logic 7, Heated Seats. Mods: Angel Eyes v3.0, Pioneer XM Dash Install, iPOD Aux Connector, Euro Red Reflectors, M Decals and V8 Decals on Sides.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome. well, other than looking at an M5, (member eurocarfan has a nice one), off the top of my head you could look out for the e60s of members imsortofabigdeal, my530i, and e60beemer. you could also check out tony's (member quad_m) thread about the full M5 kit for more pictures. i know a number of members have just gone with the mtech front or any front with the M5 rear for quads. good luck. enjoy the forums.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i E60 Orient Blau Metallic Premium, NAV, Winter Package, Heads Up Display, Logic 7 Audio, AngeliBright Upgrade [White], M5 Body Kit, M Embroidered Seats

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='464885' date='Sep 1 2007, 06:02 PM
welcome. well, other than looking at an M5, (member eurocarfan has a nice one), off the top of my head you could look out for the e60s of members imsortofabigdeal, my530i, and e60beemer. you could also check out tony's (member quad_m) thread about the full M5 kit for more pictures. i know a number of members have just gone with the mtech front or any front with the M5 rear for quads. good luck. enjoy the forums.
Hey NeRwEEzy - thanks for the reply. I wish I could find a step by step DIY. I love the body kit but am apprehensive about buying it and then giving it to my dealer to install - may not save much $$ that way. BTW - anyone know of how many labor hours are appropriate for a dealer to charge for the body kit install? Tony/Quad_M - where are you!??!
Old 09-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='464885' date='Sep 1 2007, 06:02 PM
BTW - how hard is it to install the mtech front? anyone have any experience doing it themselves??
Old 09-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by subarashi' post='467069' date='Sep 7 2007, 11:48 AM
BTW - how hard is it to install the mtech front? anyone have any experience doing it themselves??
From my experience you need at least 1 other person to help you. It took about 4-5 hours. Sideskirts, rear and front took 9 hours for me with someone else. (That's from somebody who doesnt work on cars alot) After doing it once, I could do another in about 4. (But when am I ever gonna need to do this again....)
Old 09-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jim7498' post='467152' date='Sep 7 2007, 06:52 PM
From my experience you need at least 1 other person to help you. It took about 4-5 hours. Sideskirts, rear and front took 9 hours for me with someone else. (That's from somebody who doesnt work on cars alot) After doing it once, I could do another in about 4. (But when am I ever gonna need to do this again....)
Did you have to jack the car up or were you able to do the work with the car on the ground? Were there any potential pitfalls? Is the other person needed only at certain steps or pretty much throughout the install [will have to really talk the wife into this one!]... I am looking only at doing the front and not the side or rear as of now. Any recc's on vendors? Did you buy yours pre-painted? Were the instructions easy enough to follow??

Sooo many questions, so little time....
Old 09-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Members

My Ride: My Ride: E60 523i 2006 Exterior: Titanium gray / 19" (8.5) star spoke 128 wheels tire size (245/35) ///M5 Kit. Interior: Beige Dakota Leather with Dark Poplar Wood Trim Equipment: Xenon Headlights / Bluetooth / i pod / Sunroof / Rear blinds / PDC.

Originally Posted by subarashi' post='467214' date='Sep 7 2007, 10:52 PM
Did you have to jack the car up or were you able to do the work with the car on the ground? Were there any potential pitfalls? Is the other person needed only at certain steps or pretty much throughout the install [will have to really talk the wife into this one!]... I am looking only at doing the front and not the side or rear as of now. Any recc's on vendors? Did you buy yours pre-painted? Were the instructions easy enough to follow??

Sooo many questions, so little time....

Hi subarashi,

Actually I was searching for DIY for M5 buddy Kit and I have posted a Question but no buddy answer it , till I search by my self and I found these in the Forums, hope it will help.

i have ordered the M5 Aero buddy Kit, but still didn't receive them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
DIY_M_rear_bumper.pdf (4.34 MB, 404 views)
DIY_M_sideskirts.pdf (3.24 MB, 303 views)
E60MTECHKITINSTRUCT_1__1_..pdf (837.3 KB, 320 views)
Old 09-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Senior Members

Thanks, very helpfull
Old 09-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Senior Members

Cool

Originally Posted by ehoo' post='467256' date='Sep 8 2007, 02:52 AM
Hi subarashi,

Actually I was searching for DIY for M5 buddy Kit and I have posted a Question but no buddy answer it , till I search by my self and I found these in the Forums, hope it will help.

i have ordered the M5 Aero buddy Kit, but still didn't receive them.
Hey ehoo,

Thanks very much. The side skirt and the rear are very helpful - now if I can only find one DIY with pictures for the front. I only want to change the front end and maybe side skirts later. I do not like the rear of the M Aero Kit very much so don't wish to change that. Thanks for the images. If you can find a front one of the same quality, holla' back!
Old 09-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Members

My Ride: My Ride: E60 523i 2006 Exterior: Titanium gray / 19" (8.5) star spoke 128 wheels tire size (245/35) ///M5 Kit. Interior: Beige Dakota Leather with Dark Poplar Wood Trim Equipment: Xenon Headlights / Bluetooth / i pod / Sunroof / Rear blinds / PDC.

Originally Posted by subarashi' post='467475' date='Sep 8 2007, 06:16 PM
Hey ehoo,

Thanks very much. The side skirt and the rear are very helpful - now if I can only find one DIY with pictures for the front. I only want to change the front end and maybe side skirts later. I do not like the rear of the M Aero Kit very much so don't wish to change that. Thanks for the images. If you can find a front one of the same quality, holla' back!
You are welcome.

And if you fined DIY pictures for the front kit plzz post it.

ehoo

Quick Reply: M5 Aero Body Kit