Its been a while since I have viewed this thread. Over the past years I have learned a lot about the E60 transmissions with the help of KyleB giving me the courage to tackle my issue and the internet. These transmissions are hard to brake. Most of the time the issue will be your VB
, solenoids and or sleeves with a combination of old oil. I had my issue for three years before I finally made a decision of what I was going to do.
I am the type of person that wants it done the right way so down the line I will not have the issue again. VBs and solenoids work together to make your car shift when its suppose to. Solenoids or the lost of pressure can give you all sorts of codes. I was getting a few codes including the 4F83 code. What I decided to do was cost efficient for me and it paid off. With VBs you have gaskets in them we the consumer can not get to unless you have $15K sitting around to purchase the machine to work on them. What I decided to do was send my VB
off to Sonnex to get it rebuilt. I cant remember the exact total but it was around $630 for everything including shipping. While there, they did a pressure and solenoid test. Once tested they took it apart and upgraded the gaskets inside that were failing (all of them). They also replaced the solenoids that were bad. I had three. I had it back in three days because they rebuilt it and shipped it back out the same day they received it. Not a bad turn around. Plus I got a lifetime warranty on the VB
which comes with all of there rebuilds. I also purchased the mech sleeve, the 4 VB
tube gaskets, bridge gasket, new pan and oil. Once I put it back together and reset the adaptions I have not had the problems since. I think it has been three years now. I am a hard driver so it definitely would have came up again if it was not fixed.
I am not saying the route I went is best for you but for a grand total of no more than $950 (i think) it was well worth it especially when the stealership said it was going to cost me $6500 to fix the issue. In a previous post (#77) I listed who I went through to get the VB
rebuilt and the total cost. I hope this has helped you all that are in need.