DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

How do i remove this panal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 01:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport, Carbon Black, Black half leather

Installing my Amp today and want to wire my bass controller switch in the little cubby whole box

Also does anyone know the best place to trace the wire for this as well
Old 02-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like you already have it off? Unless you are using this photo for reference purposes?

To remove that panel you first need to remove the long pice of (wood) trim above it. Start from one side, I find the passenger side the easiest. Open the passenger door, sit in the seat and using your fingers gently pry at the outward most edge of the trim. CAREFUL to pull a maximum of 1/4" at a time all the way down to the steering column. The clips that hold this in are pressure clips that hold metal studs that stick off the backing of the trim. If you pull one end out too much, or too fast, you will most likely crack the enamel on the wood, and it will look awful. Once you have the trim pice loose, you need to push the hazard/door lock button forward from behind and remove the connected harness. Tilt the entire trim piece upwards so the wood faces the ceiling of your vehicle to free the part where the inside of the vent connects to the HVAC assy.

Now you will see two phillips head screws on the top edges of the center panel - remove those. The rest of the center panel is held on with snap clips, and needs to be gently pried away from the sides and one clip on the very bottom below your DTC button. The DTC/heated seats button array and the climate control panel are both gently clipped into the back of the center panel, as you begin to pull the panel out, you will see the now exposed clips and you can remove the two assemblies form the back of the panel by gently pushing down from the back of each array.

--------------------------

If you are asking how to remove the lower wood portion of the panel from the top, I have no idea.