DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

How to dismantle the roof?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted
Thumbs up

Hi all, do you know how difficult is to dismantle the roof? My E60 roof has few dimples from golf balls (been parked near golf course) I'm thinking of replacing it with CF one instead of repairing it with vacuum pump tool. I heard it's riveted thus quite difficult (theory). Anyone knows? Thank you.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by hondik' post='496030' date='Nov 18 2007, 10:42 PM
Hi all, do you know how difficult is to dismantle the roof? My E60 roof has few dimples from golf balls (been parked near golf course) I'm thinking of replacing it with CF one instead of repairing it with vacuum pump tool. I heard it's riveted thus quite difficult (theory). Anyone knows? Thank you.

CF one ?

Can you tell us the price and who sell it ?
And how many Kg saved ?

Thanks, bye!
Old 11-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted
Talking

Originally Posted by AlexFW' post='496046' date='Nov 18 2007, 11:06 PM
CF one ?

Can you tell us the price and who sell it ?
And how many Kg saved ?

Thanks, bye!
Oh yeah .. I was looking forward to get this kind of question to my question Actually I can have it manufactured quite easily and sell it to you and to other members at a very reasonable price. How many Kgs saved? Only a few .. I don't know yet exactly.. I was hoping someone will help me with original parts weight. The actual problem is how difficult is it to dismantle the roof (hood and trunk are piece of cake). But still, if you save only a few kilos, it looks so cool! The advantage of CF parts is they look still the same after 3 years use. Really very cool. Hopefully I'll have the hood done soon! Will post pics + specs + price and conditions. Stay tuned!
Old 11-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Your local Golf Course has golf balls that make it into near by parking lots??? That's nuts! I would never park around there. It's bad enough when I park my car at the course and worry about guys walking thru my car to get to theirs, with their bags on their shoulders. I can just see a bag scraping up against my car and going the whole distance.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='496081' date='Nov 19 2007, 12:11 AM
Your local Golf Course has golf balls that make it into near by parking lots??? That's nuts! I would never park around there. It's bad enough when I park my car at the course and worry about guys walking thru my car to get to theirs, with their bags on their shoulders. I can just see a bag scraping up against my car and going the whole distance.
C'mon .. it's only a car
sniff
Old 11-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='496081' date='Nov 18 2007, 06:11 PM
Hey C You're getting sweaty palms just thinking about somebody nicking your car aren't you ???? I'm the same way ... I drive my wife nuts with the whole parking regime !!