DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

HID Fogs, Interior LEDs, License Plate LEDs DIY

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Contributors

Location: SoCal- SFV (Land of pimps, drug dealers, money, hot cars and hot wimmenz...this ain't no movie bitch, mess with us and we'll cut ya!)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey John,

Question for you, my front under door panels won't come on period...would you know what would cause that?

Also, I have four cylinder type bulbs left...where do those go? I put one in the trunk, another under the pass and driver foot area but have these four left?
Old 07-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by El Immigrante' post='939023' date='Jul 10 2009, 07:48 PM
Hey John,

Question for you, my front under door panels won't come on period...would you know what would cause that?

Also, I have four cylinder type bulbs left...where do those go? I put one in the trunk, another under the pass and driver foot area but have these four left?

did u try flipping the bulb the other way around? Try wiggling the connection and make sure there's electrical contact?

The tube LEDs are the following locations:
Window Visors - 2
Trunk - 2 (bottom and top)
Footwells - 2
Glove compartment - 1
Old 07-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='916461' date='Jun 18 2009, 08:28 PM
DIY for LCI HID Angel Eyes NEXT! Feel free to PM me for other DIYs. If I have time, I'll do them.

John
can you do DIY for the replacement or installment of d1s hid bulbs?
Old 07-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by code37' post='954801' date='Jul 26 2009, 04:52 PM
can you do DIY for the replacement or installment of d1s hid bulbs?

U have to take out ur headlight. Go to youtube.com and search for e60 angel eyes and u will see how to take out ur headlight. Call my number in my signature if u hav any questions. I'll try to do a DIY asap.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Banned

A DIY will be done for replacement D1S bulbs when I do it on stevenbeboo's car.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06' 530 Alpine/Auburn/Dark walnut, Sport, Premium, Sirius, 35% Tint Upcomming mods: M166's/Exclaim UHP's, Mtech

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='957462' date='Jul 28 2009, 11:03 PM
A DIY will be done for replacement D1S bulbs when I do it on stevenbeboo's car.
As far as the HID fogs are concerned, I see you connecting the ballast but how and WHERE did you secure it after connecting? did you just let it rest on the inside of the plastic shield? Also, I'm concerned about error messages, have there been any reported?
Old 08-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bimmerluuvr' post='958796' date='Jul 29 2009, 08:20 PM
As far as the HID fogs are concerned, I see you connecting the ballast but how and WHERE did you secure it after connecting? did you just let it rest on the inside of the plastic shield? Also, I'm concerned about error messages, have there been any reported?
I'm wondering the same thing. Something seems off about just leaving the 2 decently sized ballasts just sliding around in the bumper. I installed HID Fogs today and everything works fine, but I'm curious if the consensus is that everyone leaves the 2 ballasts unsecured in the bumper?
Old 08-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bimmerluuvr' post='958796' date='Jul 29 2009, 08:20 PM
this is what i did, hope you can understand...

driver side- from where the bottom corner screws the wheel well, drill a small hole about an inch up. on the last hole of the bracket, bend the tab to the left. make sure to position the bracket on the right side of the ballast with the wires facing the front of the car. match the hole with the bracket and zip tie it there.

passenger side- match up the last hole on the bracket to the existing bottom corner hole and screw there. its not a perfect match so you have to work holding the position. also, i positioned the bracket with the wires facing the driver side and the ballast sitting away from the drain hole.

i will try to get pics when i get a chance...
Old 08-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

John's a great guy to deal with, everyone

John, great DIY, thanks for the write-up!

PS Sorry I didn't call text this weekend - was too wasted the whole weekend to dial a number LOL that's what a weekend without a meet does to me
Old 08-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned

guys. sorry for slacking for the DIY for the headlights. I terribly apologize. When I install Scott's headlights, he will help me take pictures while I install so I can write up a FULL DIY. Latest next week I'll have it. One million apologies!!!

Quick Reply: HID Fogs, Interior LEDs, License Plate LEDs DIY