DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Help with orion v2 multi color

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

ive about had it with these orions. and no offense but umnitza is useless. Ive been trying to get these installed correctly for about a yr now and Ive given up a few times. this is the last try before i completely rip them out. i couldn't get umnitzas relay harness to work with the 3 white boxes included in the kit. so mike (nigxdof) was nice enough to make me a harness to bypass that confusing relay setup they gave me. not to mention their installation instructions only showed the relay for non multicolor v2s being installed on an older model m3, no matter how many times they tell me the instructions are the same ii cant find anyone to verify that that has done the install. currently i have the AEs wired up in a cris-cross pattern because the way umnitza wants you too wire them the small rings end up being a different color then the big rings. i also have the power tapped into the footwell lights for unlocking feature and the cig lighter for drl feature. the AEs work as their supposed to with the 2 following problems.

1 (biggest, most frustrating problem) the memory feature doesn't work if i change the lights to red then shut the car for a second they start resort the default color which is puke yellow
2 another crappy problem is that when the car inst running (ie when unlocking) i guess the voltage into the AEs are less then when the engine is running resulting in color changes (white will show teal, blue/light bluee, red/orange/ yellow/eww)then when started up the color will resume to the normal shade.

any help in solving these 2 problems would be greatly appreciated. all those that have helped me get to this point i thank you. i have a shitty diagram of my current wiring with Mikes harness for reference, also pictured is the relay harness from umnitza which doesn't really fit into this whole equation. i don't know anyone that used it...

scan0001.pdf
Old 05-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Joe, I think I got an email about you Pm'ing me. I have been on the road and I'll pm you back soon.