DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

HELP!cluster out

Old 12-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK so i start my car in the morning and my cluster went out and now i dont know how fast im going or how much gas is in the car. whats wrong with it? is it the fuse? i checked them but didnt see anything wrong.please help
Old 01-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by monkashroom' post='755979' date='Dec 30 2008, 03:55 PM
OK so i start my car in the morning and my cluster went out and now i dont know how fast im going or how much gas is in the car. whats wrong with it? is it the fuse? i checked them but didnt see anything wrong.please help
hej there, i have had this problem as well!
i had my car for about 2 weeks and the whole damn cluster went out, no more airco, speedo, nothing
went to the dealer and at first the told me reprogramming would work so i left the car there overnight but in the morning he called me saying the instrument cluster was fubar and the programming software came up with an error about it
of course i wasn't happy with the 600euros bill for a new instrument cluster so i went to pick up the car and drive it to another bmw dealer... where they told me the same thing.
went home and called the first dealer to have him order a new cluster

the next morning i get in my car and everything was working again, weird but true, the cluster had been down for about 4 days and it suddenly started working again
didn't have any problems with my car after that (of course i canceled the new cluster order), that's 4 months ago and it's still working.
have some patience and see what happens, maybe you get lucky

try to reprogram the car, see if that helps
Old 01-20-2009, 02:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by hhk31257' post='760933' date='Jan 6 2009, 05:14 PM
hej there, i have had this problem as well!
i had my car for about 2 weeks and the whole damn cluster went out, no more airco, speedo, nothing
went to the dealer and at first the told me reprogramming would work so i left the car there overnight but in the morning he called me saying the instrument cluster was fubar and the programming software came up with an error about it
of course i wasn't happy with the 600euros bill for a new instrument cluster so i went to pick up the car and drive it to another bmw dealer... where they told me the same thing.
went home and called the first dealer to have him order a new cluster

the next morning i get in my car and everything was working again, weird but true, the cluster had been down for about 4 days and it suddenly started working again
didn't have any problems with my car after that (of course i canceled the new cluster order), that's 4 months ago and it's still working.
have some patience and see what happens, maybe you get lucky

try to reprogram the car, see if that helps

No luck.. been 2 n half weeks.. just put my car in bmw and they said they fix it for $375 =/ i guess thats ok..