DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

headlight wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 03:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: bmw 530d e60 in silver with M5 spider wheels,stage 3 re-map,upgraded to CCC,LCI lights,etc etc

hello very1,i`m new here,and i need advice.... i`ve got 530d E60 and i was going to upgrade my headlights.I have standart lights without projector,and i bought LCI Bi-Xenon ones,trouble is,the connection on mine headlights is different then on LCI,maybe some1 have a diagram how to connect LCI`s??
thanks very much
Attached Thumbnails headlight wiring-img_1706.jpg   headlight wiring-nauja.jpg  
Old 08-20-2012, 05:42 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530iA

sure, try to search for answer (I dont know it, just know that it exist). You will need to switch some PIN's I think + I'm affraid you will need also new lightning module. But better to be answered by someone else who actually did that
Old 08-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

This info is covered multiple times. Please look around the board.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by pasha999
hello very1,i`m new here,and i need advice.... i`ve got 530d E60 and i was going to upgrade my headlights.I have standart lights without projector,and i bought LCI Bi-Xenon ones,trouble is,the connection on mine headlights is different then on LCI,maybe some1 have a diagram how to connect LCI`s??
thanks very much

Hello Pasha and welcome to the forums! In the upper right hand corner is a search function that will assist you in finding a wealth of information. Click the little "gear" icon for a little more control on how your searches are performed. I'll help you out and give you some relevant links to get you started. Best wishes and happy modding!

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Link 6

Link 7 (make your own cables)

Link 8
Old 08-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Members

My Ride: bmw 530d e60 in silver with M5 spider wheels,stage 3 re-map,upgraded to CCC,LCI lights,etc etc

thanks for your help boys,its much appreciate!!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Members

i was looking at bmw forums,and found,that you can buy adapter for retrofit headlights... any idea where from? bmw dealer maybe...?
Old 08-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pasha999
i was looking at bmw forums,and found,that you can buy adapter for retrofit headlights... any idea where from? bmw dealer maybe...?

Easiest way is:
- Make retrofit cable. If you cannot make it then ask a forum member here to make you one....I bought one from a forum member here and he was kind enough to make me one.

- You cannot buy retorfit cable from BMW..I've tried that....they don't have it...and if they do, they'll charge you a ridiculous figure.

- You'll need aftermarket HIDs...make sure you get the correct bulb type...you won't have to recode the car or anything like that.

- Change you angel eye bulb to 10W leds...make sure you get the correct bulb type.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by Beemster530i
Easiest way is:
- Make retrofit cable. If you cannot make it then ask a forum member here to make you one....I bought one from a forum member here and he was kind enough to make me one.

- You cannot buy retorfit cable from BMW..I've tried that....they don't have it...and if they do, they'll charge you a ridiculous figure.

- You'll need aftermarket HIDs...make sure you get the correct bulb type...you won't have to recode the car or anything like that.

- Change you angel eye bulb to 10W leds...make sure you get the correct bulb type.
If my eyes are serving me right that picture of the plug belongs to a LCI Bi-Xenon headlight in which case he would already have stock 35W hids and just needs to change out his AE bulb to something better. Or he could do a 50W D2S retrofit and HID AE like me
Old 08-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Members

thanks for help mate. right,i`ve got D1S bulbs with aftermarket ballasts,and H8 HID for angel eyes it would be bright enough,i did tested already would you be kind,and tell where did you get those adapters please? or you know who can make it for me? thanks
Old 08-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by MORI3L
If my eyes are serving me right that picture of the plug belongs to a LCI Bi-Xenon headlight in which case he would already have stock 35W hids and just needs to change out his AE bulb to something better. Or he could do a 50W D2S retrofit and HID AE like me
yes...correct

Quick Reply: headlight wiring