DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Has anyone ever removed the chrome and installed a Leather Selector Le

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs up

Has anyone ever removed the chrome and installed a Leather Selector Lever with wood on their e60 yet? If so, , , can you tell me if you did it yourself, or have BMW dealer do it? If so, how much did the "Jesse James" or "Billy the Kid" bandits charge and rob you for anyway? (LOL now I am just kidding, but we all know BMW Techs and the SA's are sometimes $$$$ hungry!!!),,, or if you did it yourself, could you tell me how you did it, and was it difficult?

Thanks in Advance,

R. Eddie Presley
Old 04-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i E60 Orient Blau Metallic Premium, NAV, Winter Package, Heads Up Display, Logic 7 Audio, AngeliBright Upgrade [White], M5 Body Kit, M Embroidered Seats

Hey Eddie:

Ive seen this done at the dealership and it's not worth the 100 bucks they will charge you, at the least. The process to change the lever is very simple -- just set your selector to N [neutral], undo the leather holdings on the side of the shifter [these pop off as you pry them on the sides], and give it a good tug upwards. The selector should come right off [careful not to hurt yourself].

Replacement is exactly the same methodology. There are a numer of posts on this that you could search for more concrete details but thats really all there is to it.....

S
Old 04-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Originally Posted by subarashi' post='570515' date='Apr 28 2008, 11:18 PM
Hey Eddie:

Ive seen this done at the dealership and it's not worth the 100 bucks they will charge you, at the least. The process to change the lever is very simple -- just set your selector to N [neutral], undo the leather holdings on the side of the shifter [these pop off as you pry them on the sides], and give it a good tug upwards. The selector should come right off [careful not to hurt yourself].

Replacement is exactly the same methodology. There are a numer of posts on this that you could search for more concrete details but thats really all there is to it.....

S
===============================

Hi subarashi,

Your a Lfe Saver!!! Thanks for the much needed info, and until your posting I had no clue how to do it, , and will give it a try myself, and save me some $$$$$!

R. Eddie Presley aka Presley348
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone ever removed the chrome and installed a Leather Selector Le-dsc01318__m5_blocked_out_looks_perfect.jpg  
Old 04-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i E60 Orient Blau Metallic Premium, NAV, Winter Package, Heads Up Display, Logic 7 Audio, AngeliBright Upgrade [White], M5 Body Kit, M Embroidered Seats

Not a problem. There are several topics on this discussion on the forum so I cannot take the credit! But hey, that's what the forum is about! Good luck and post before n after pix when you get thru!

S