DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Fog Install Too Easy

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just completed the Fog Light Install listed on this forum (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=5912&hl=fog) and I must say it was easier than I imagined. I am about a 5 on the handy scale and it was a piece of cake. I did start with the driver side and found a headlight washer reservoir even though I do not have the Cold Weather Package. Just hadn't seen this mentioned before so when you do the install - start with the passenger side - so you can feel around and know what your are looking for around the reservoir. I used PIAA 4150k and they match great - tilted them up a bit. And no, I don;t use them unless it is foggy!
Old 11-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Green-Crayon' post='197746' date='Nov 13 2005, 12:49 PM
I just completed the Fog Light Install listed on this forum (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=5912&hl=fog) and I must say it was easier than I imagined. I am about a 5 on the handy scale and it was a piece of cake. I did start with the driver side and found a headlight washer reservoir even though I do not have the Cold Weather Package. Just hadn't seen this mentioned before so when you do the install - start with the passenger side - so you can feel around and know what your are looking for around the reservoir. I used PIAA 4150k and they match great - tilted them up a bit. And no, I don;t use them unless it is foggy!
Yes--the drivers side is a bit trickier--even getting the bottom panel off and on was--just by luck I did the passenger side first.

Regarding the fog light angle--keep in mind that the higher up the bulbs are facing, the more white-out effect you'll have in fog due to the light reflecting off the fog higher in your line of sight.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by stream' post='197772
Yes--the drivers side is a bit trickier--even getting the bottom panel off and on was--just by luck I did the passenger side first.

Regarding the fog light angle--keep in mind that the higher up the bulbs are facing, the more white-out effect you'll have in fog due to the light reflecting off the fog higher in your line of sight.
[/quote]

Yep - Mine seemed to scrap the ground immediately. When it gets dark I'll find a place where I know Iceman won't be and test them!
Old 11-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Originally Posted by Green-Crayon' post='197746' date='Nov 13 2005, 03:49 PM
I got 8000k and I blasts those babies 24/7 LOL ok ill be quite
Old 11-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Heheh I got lucky too and did the install on the passenger side fisrt and learned how to take it off and feel for the bulb so by the time i reached the drivers side I just left my way around and no prblems...