DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

emregency!!! please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, im in the process of changing the wood trim to aluminum. I removed and replaced the center console and the dash strip. I was going to call it a night and when i tried to turn on the car, it would not start and it would make some crazy sounds like tatatatatatat!!!!!!!!!!

please help!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

Originally Posted by melpacino
Hello, im in the process of changing the wood trim to aluminum. I removed and replaced the center console and the dash strip. I was going to call it a night and when i tried to turn on the car, it would not start and it would make some crazy sounds like tatatatatatat!!!!!!!!!!

please help!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like you drained the battery. Did you disconnect the battery in the trunk before you began work?
Old 12-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melpacino

please help!!!!!!!!!!!
Removing the trim shouldn't effect anything electrical to start the car... did you have the cabin lights on? you've probably run the battery flat. Give it a jump start from the points under the bonnet or put it on charge for a bit if you have a charger
Old 12-11-2010, 12:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

I was thinking battery too, thats the tell tale sign of the starter not quite able to push the impeller out and onto to the flywheel.

The battery in these cars will only last about 30 mins with the ignition on.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Yep on the battery
Old 12-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Members

thank you, it was the battery!!!