DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

E60 Technical Information Topic

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I will post here some interesting (updated) pdf documents with "deeper" technical information, for further knowledge about our vehicle's advanced functions.
Hope this will help some members to understand how things are working in our "special" car.

I'll begin with mirrors and active seats and there are more to add later into this first post.

Exterior_mirrors.pdf
Active_seat_back_width_adjustment.pdf
BMW_Night_Vision.pdf
Bus_diagnosis_All_models_from_E60.pdf
Car_phone___Charger___Hands_free_system.pdf
Electrically_operated_trailer_coupling.pdf
Body_gateway_module.pdf
Crash_safety_system__ACSM_.pdf
wipe_system.pdf
Central_locking_system.pdf
iDrive__Central_Information_Display_and_Controller.pdf
Head_up_display.pdf
Satellite_Digital_Audio_Radio_Service.pdf
Car_Communication_Computer.pdf
Active_Steering.pdf
Dynamic_Stability_Control_8Plus.pdf
Single_axle_air_suspension_E61.pdf
xDrive.pdf
AGM_battery.pdf
Car_Access_System.pdf
Upkeep_measures_for_stored_vehicles_and_vehicles_to_be_laid_.pdf
Old 02-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Nick, did you ever see the Technical Gallery I setup? It's sort of the same thing but instead of in a post, it's in the gallery.

In some cases, I've already posted the same or similar information in the tech gallery so you might want to check it out...

(There are pros and cons to both methods so I'm not necessarily suggesting that you post them in the gallery but I wanted you to know about it in case you agreed that it was a good place to post these things, you can just add them to the gallery...)
Old 02-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Contributors

Sure Rudy, Tech gallery? Where is it? It is in the information forum? I just wanted to place the information gathered together in 1 post, as tech catalogue. If you think I'm doing the same think you did, then please send me the link, or if it is doable by you, you can transfer my documents there (the ones that are not already existed of course) delete this one here and just PM me the link. No problem at all ...you know, I'm not a PC expert neither I'll be in the future ...Sorry

I'll try to find it...
Old 02-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='528293' date='Feb 7 2008, 02:39 AM
Sure Rudy, Tech gallery? Where is it? It is in the information forum? Please send me the link, or if it is doable by you, you can transfer my documents there (the ones that are not already existed of course) delete this one here and just PM me the link. ...You know, I'm not a PC expert ...Sorry
Take a look at the gallery page here:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?autocom=gallery

Once there, click on the Technical Gallery then you'll see my "TIS documents" album. If you want, you can create your own album and upload whatever documents you want to upload (I don't think you can upload them to my existing TIS Documents gallery but you can try if you want...)
Old 02-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Contributors

Ok Rudy Thanks. In the meantime I edited my previous post, but it doesn't make any sense.

Yes I see, nice ...I didn't even know about that, but except that isn't permissible to add something there - I can make a new one though - I think that it's somehow tricky to a newbie, or even to an experienced member to get into there. Couldn't it be a sticky in a more visible place of this forum? Another thing I see, Is that you have placed -most of all- technical instructions there, I wanted myself to place technical information about our car's systems, so when a member goes to the dealer/solve an issue, to have an idea of what they are talking about.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

One of the benefits of posting these documents in the gallery is that they're easier to find (especially for veteran members) and easy to link to when helping newer members find answers. The more people that use them, the more other people will browse them or learn about them.

Creating your own album in the tech gallery will allow you to maintain your "collection" of documents (I didn't think you'd be able to add them to the album I already created but I wasn't sure) without the need to clutter up the forums with another sticky, etc.

Again, I realize there are pros and cons to using this method but, in my opinion, the pros of using the gallery outweigh the cons...
Old 02-07-2008, 04:43 AM
Contributors

I Agree,

So let's see whether members are thinking it is comfortable to be placed here into the DYI forum or not, and if do so, I will make then another into the Gallery using linked docs from here (if possible)
Old 02-07-2008, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='528351' date='Feb 7 2008, 08:43 AM
I Agree,

So let's see whether members are thinking it is comfortable to be placed here into the DYI forum or not, and if do so, I will make then another into the Gallery using linked docs from here (if possible)
That's fine. You might want to go ahead and make an album in the gallery as well (you'd have to upload the docs again I think). Many of the documents I posted in the TIS album I made are also scattered around the forum in various posts...

BTW, I'm loving the new avatar Nick!
Old 02-07-2008, 05:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='528358' date='Feb 7 2008, 04:01 PM
That's fine. You might want to go ahead and make an album in the gallery as well (you'd have to upload the docs again I think). Many of the documents I posted in the TIS album I made are also scattered around the forum in various posts...

BTW, I'm loving the new avatar Nick!
Don't tell me ...It'll be hard to delete and reload them all

Talking about Julia now, yeah I knew that, but this time you're loving it because she is Greek Original

BTW Rudy is there any restriction to the max number of the uploaded docs into a single post?
Old 02-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='528368' date='Feb 7 2008, 09:46 AM
Don't tell me ...It'll be hard to delete and reload them all

Talking about Julia now, yeah I knew that, but this time you're loving it because she is Greek Original

BTW Rudy are there any restriction to the max number of the uploaded docs into a single post?
As far as deleting and reloading (uploading) the documents, it's up to you -- obviously you could do it gradually over time. What I'm most interested in is the "big picture" that helps keep this forum as the best source of E60 information on the web. I can't speak for others but in my opinion, the technical gallery concept is the perfect place for the long-term storage of these documents. If you don't feel like re-uploading the documents you've already posted, why not start a new album for future documents? (Also, it's not a huge deal but in case you weren't aware, you're still uploading documents to this thread that already exist in the gallery. Also, the ones in the gallery contain all the linked documents from the "system overview" or "more" hyperlinks that TIS uses so they're actually more complete.)

I do think there's a limit to the number of attachments in a single post I just can't remember what it is (it's not a size thing, it's a count thing.)

Thanks for the information about Julia -- I was wondering if she was Greek or not...

Quick Reply: E60 Technical Information Topic