5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   DIY: Do It Yourself (https://5series.net/forums/diy-do-yourself-14/)
-   -   E60 Navigation on Non-Nav M-ASK (https://5series.net/forums/diy-do-yourself-14/e60-navigation-non-nav-m-ask-124785/)

bymer 07-09-2012 07:04 PM

Hey guys,

I've got a question that has been bugging me for day and days, and even though I most likely realize that this is not possible or needs other parts to make it work, i'd like some information that the forum has not provided me with already.

I have a 2005 525i (Non Nav) I have a 6cd changer, mp3 enabled, aux enabled, and a single CD/DVD MASK Unit. Now after reading through different forum topics (altough not much information was given on such a thing that i am looking for, people have successfully done CIC or CCC retrofits to enable SAT NAV features.) I do not have that kind of money to obtain a new screen and ccc/cic unit.

So after messing around with NCS expert, i simply enabled

NAVIGATION_FLOTTENMODUS > Akiv
and
NAVIGATION_MASK > Aktiv

AFter the unit restarted, instead of OBC It said Navigation.

The problem/question here is; once i go into the navigation menu, under the nav tab, it is stuck/always shows : Loading Navigation Data (Almost as if there is already a Map Dvd present, although there isn't. From what i read and saw, it should say : Please Insert Nav Disc.

After obtaining a map Dvd, Business and Prof versions, i was unable to get the unit to load up or anything at all simply because my car is not equipped with factory nav :angry:

So I am wondering, is it possible for me to enable/somehow retrofit BUSINESS (ARROW STYLE) Navigation into my idrive/mask unit
by either taking out the unit and adding/changing any cables and checking if the car is prewired for navigation(and if not, add the gps receiver manually?) Is there any other coding i have to do?
I just want the Business, arrow style navigational features to be present. My car also is equipped with the Voice Recognition feature (under the telephone steering wheel button).

If any additional info is required, be it .TRC files or general car info, let me know!

Thank you!
:twoup: :twoup: :twoup:

AchtungE60 07-10-2012 03:19 PM

You seem to want a CD player to play a DVD? Sorry, not going to happen.
You can change what is displayed on the CID but it's not going to work without hardware.

bymer 07-10-2012 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by AchtungE60 (Post 1455773)
You seem to want a CD player to play a DVD? Sorry, not going to happen.
You can change what is displayed on the CID but it's not going to work without hardware.

the player seems to support DVD's because when I inserted an mp3 DVD it showed up/played, that is why i am asking if something like this could be looked into.

AchtungE60 07-11-2012 11:58 AM

mp3 may play if the MASK has been updated but a DVD in the MASK? I don't remember if I put a DVD in there, I know I put an mp3 CD in there but not a DVD. Honestly I would think it's not going to work. You do not have a car communications computer and it's tied to so many things. If you want to look into it, up to you.

bymer 07-11-2012 07:58 PM

Alright Thanks don't think its going to go anywhere unless I do a retrofit. Thanks again.

sahiljain22 07-12-2012 08:23 AM

As AchtungE60 said, the business navigation unit is not a MASK with some special coding and a nav DVD. It may work with a 6.5" screen but it's inherently different, and I won't recommend you to do it if you are in the US (since you probably won't be able to source one for cheap).

On a good day, CCC retrofits can be found for cheap - around 500-600$ for a pre-LCI.

bymer 07-13-2012 12:26 PM

Yea i see what you are saying. All it was, was curiosity. I've seen people who have Mask with a single slot CD and or DVD supported drive have business navi on them. So i wanted to find out whether I could run business (arrow style nav) on my unit. Guess it is unlikely. Thanks for the support! :twoup:

AchtungE60 07-15-2012 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by bymer (Post 1456652)
Yea i see what you are saying. All it was, was curiosity. I've seen people who have Mask with a single slot CD and or DVD supported drive have business navi on them. So i wanted to find out whether I could run business (arrow style nav) on my unit. Guess it is unlikely. Thanks for the support! :twoup:

I have no idea what you are referring to.https://5series.net/forums/public/st...t/confused.gif

bymer 07-15-2012 05:27 PM

Sorry I got too tied up myself with all this content. Was just saying that I had seen a thread that someone had the single CD/DVD Mask Unit that had Navi on it. That's what got me started with all this

AchtungE60 07-15-2012 06:33 PM

Oh, I don't know what the business navigation looks like, if it is a single disc drive or not. That would kind of suck because what if the driver wanted to listen to a CD? As far as the arrow style only navigation...I've never seen this.