DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

DIY for SA430 mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 02:28 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Bmw M5 E61
Model Year: 2007

Hi

Im about to try too retrofit folding mirros to my car. Im looking for mirrors and found these that are manufactured 2005-10-25 and my question is if those will fit my -07 M5. Heres some pic of them.

I already coded my car in the hope that i maybe already had the mirros on my car, but nope. I also added the SA430. I already had SA431 in it.

My existing mirror has 3 cables so the ones on the pictures seems the right ones or ? What u guys think ?

Btw i also asend a pic of my car

//Asik
Attached Thumbnails DIY for SA430 mirrors-img_0174.png   DIY for SA430 mirrors-img_0175.png   DIY for SA430 mirrors-img_0532.jpg  
Old 01-08-2017, 12:34 PM
awt
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2001 320Ci Coupè

Yes, as long as they only have three wires they will fit.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:47 PM
New Members

Hi

I just installed folding mirror to my E61 M5 and they are working great (thxz to your DIY) except for the auto dim...and yes read that i have to put in some extra wiring...

My question is, why does i have to do that..isnt all wires in the harness or !??! . The mirror has 3 Cables in a 4 connector and i tought that maybe this could be "programmed" instead.. or !??!

In a original fitted folding mirror, is there more cables in the door harness than i got !?

//Asik
Old 03-13-2017, 11:32 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530e Alpine White
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by Asik
Hi

I just installed folding mirror to my E61 M5 and they are working great (thxz to your DIY) except for the auto dim...and yes read that i have to put in some extra wiring...

My question is, why does i have to do that..isnt all wires in the harness or !??! . The mirror has 3 Cables in a 4 connector and i tought that maybe this could be "programmed" instead.. or !??!

In a original fitted folding mirror, is there more cables in the door harness than i got !?

//Asik
@Asik: If you have three wires, you most likely already have the wiring. Just try programming, if your mirror is dimming.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:45 PM
New Members

Everything works but the auto dim..my inside read mirror does auto dim when i take a flashlight on the sensor and if im correct this should then send this info to the mirrors so they also auto dim..
The auto folding/unfolding wehen locking/unlocking my car also works..
I could be that i have to add the wire from the module to the dorr/chassi connector...
Old 03-14-2017, 11:52 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530e Alpine White
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by Asik
Everything works but the auto dim..my inside read mirror does auto dim when i take a flashlight on the sensor and if im correct this should then send this info to the mirrors so they also auto dim..
The auto folding/unfolding wehen locking/unlocking my car also works..
I could be that i have to add the wire from the module to the dorr/chassi connector...
You are most likely missing the wiring from your rear mirror to the controller. If you have three wire side mirrors then they are already on canbus, so they don't need additional wiring. You need to run wires from you rear mirror to KGM. Detail is in the DIY by @BLooD.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:09 PM
New Members

My Ride: 05 E60 530i

can someone help me get the stuff i need to do this DIY... Thru ebay or any other site thank you
Old 02-17-2018, 11:38 PM
New Members

My Ride: Bmw e61 family wagon so o/e
Model Year: 2008

I know this is an old thread but need help

Bare with me.

About 8 month ago I installed folding mirrors using this guide. My car had the 4 wire set up and the mirrors I installed had the 3 wire set up so followed thread and all good mirrors working.

Now yesterday I installed logic 7 and replaced all door looms as they had the Ambiant lighting package so just swapped them over. These new looms had the 3 wire set up

Now my passenger mirror won’t do anything.

I remember swapping some pins over in the KGM module but can’t remember which ones I
Changed.

I assume all I need to do is change them back to her w they were before I changed it all for 4 wire set up.

Hope somebody can help. Really struggling with this.

Thank you
Old 07-20-2018, 03:50 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60 525d
Model Year: 2006

Hi guys,

I’m new to this forum but have been reading it for quite a while now..and please excuse that my first post wakes up an old thread.
Since I saw this DIY and figured that for my car will all be just Plug&Play, I decided to do the upgrade.

The car is a EU spec, 03/2006 e60, which came with memory seats and auto dimming rear view mirror from factory. ( outside mirrors however, where left the standard ones). So I bought a couple of mirrors with self folding, auto dimming and puddle lights. The mirrors and the car had the 3 pin conector with the KGM module. Everything fitted nicely. (I also changed the switch panel in the drivers door). No rewiring.

At the very end I am having difficulties in getting the auto dimming feature to work.
The steps I took in coding:
I coded the car with NCS Expert (Expertmode profile), added to the VO/FA the $430 and $563 in the CAS and the LMA. Coded the KGM module for “outside autodimming mirrors” to “active” and the mirror light to active.
The puddle lights work fine, the autofolding works also, but the autodimming, nothing ....
Am I forgetting something or am I doing something wrong?

Any help will be much appreciated!!
Many thanks
Old 07-30-2018, 03:34 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 525d
Model Year: 2006

At the end, I found out that I needed the 2 extra wires from the RLS to KGM module. Did that this weekend. Everything works now.

Retrofit complete!! Thank you for the DIY!

FIY: Even if you have the rearview mirror with autodimming from factory, you still need to run two extra wires from the RLS to KGM module in order to get the autodimming feature to work for the outside mirrors as well.

Quick Reply: DIY for SA430 mirrors