DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

DIY for SA430 mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 03:20 PM
awt
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2001 320Ci Coupè

Are you shure that march '08 is the correct date? My car is produced in july '08 and I got the "small" mirrors.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by awt
Are you shure that march '08 is the correct date? My car is produced in july '08 and I got the "small" mirrors.
Yeah I gave the wrong info, not unusual for me as im sure some one will point out.. Turns out they were changed in sept/2008 not march.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 LCI 535SE Auto,Mtech Bodykit and Rear Spoiler, Blufin Chipped, 124 alloys,Space grey, Folding Mirrors, Black leather, Adaptive headlights, Pro nav, Bluetooth,Logic 7,Comfort access, USB, Adaptive Cruise, Lane Departure, Acoustic Solutions DAB, love my car! Retired-2003 530SE, 124 alloys,Titan silver, Black leather, Adaptive headlights, Business nav, Mtech Bodykit & Rear Spoiler,-petrol with LPG

Originally Posted by BLooD
I did say I would never do a diy for this due to how much of a pain it is to fit the mirrors but here we go, attached is the PDF.
Please bear in mind this DIY assumes you have an E60 made between sept/2005 and march/2008.
First of all- RESPECT to DLooD for determination in working this out! Question- did you upgrade from non memory as most of the work seems to be rewiring for the LIN bus, I've got memory mirrors and these (from looking at WDS) seem to run this already- looks virtually plug and play, do you know if this is the case? Also,there's a set of 2009 mirrors on ebay at present, I didn't realise there was a later spec change,are they totally different? I've got to make these bl**dy mirrors fold!
Old 12-29-2011, 12:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krisbiker2
First of all- RESPECT to DLooD for determination in working this out! Question- did you upgrade from non memory as most of the work seems to be rewiring for the LIN bus, I've got memory mirrors and these (from looking at WDS) seem to run this already- looks virtually plug and play, do you know if this is the case? Also,there's a set of 2009 mirrors on ebay at present, I didn't realise there was a later spec change,are they totally different? I've got to make these bl**dy mirrors fold!
So you have memory seats but with basic mirrors?, thats a new one then I would imagine they communicate on the LIN bus allready, only way to know for sure is to take of a door panel and see how many wires there are.
Basic mirrors have 4 on your car and LIN bus mirrors have only 3. You might want to check those 2009 mirrors before you buy them.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 LCI 535SE Auto,Mtech Bodykit and Rear Spoiler, Blufin Chipped, 124 alloys,Space grey, Folding Mirrors, Black leather, Adaptive headlights, Pro nav, Bluetooth,Logic 7,Comfort access, USB, Adaptive Cruise, Lane Departure, Acoustic Solutions DAB, love my car! Retired-2003 530SE, 124 alloys,Titan silver, Black leather, Adaptive headlights, Business nav, Mtech Bodykit & Rear Spoiler,-petrol with LPG

Originally Posted by BLooD
So you have memory seats but with basic mirrors?, thats a new one then I would imagine they communicate on the LIN bus allready, only way to know for sure is to take of a door panel and see how many wires there are.
Basic mirrors have 4 on your car and LIN bus mirrors have only 3. You might want to check those 2009 mirrors before you buy them.
No- have memory seats, with memory mirrors and "kerb dipping" in reverse(cant remember correct BMWspeak), but autofold was an option on top for some stupid reason. There's no motors fitted in the housings(checked in case they were just disabled unless buyer payed the cost)- there's no spare wires out of the inhousing control units to run them, but from memory only 3 wires into, so I assume they are LIN bus. From looking at the WDS, the control modules are different if I want to add A/fold(cost approx 100euro each on RealOEM) plus the mirror itself cost. This makes the 2009 mirrors look apealling at the right price if I can fit.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

So day two of this DIY and I am now at the coding stage (in between the rain and i also fitted my condensation sensor at the same time) and I am very pleased to say I now have Power folding mirrors with auto dim, got to say a big thank you to Blood as I would have never attempted this without Bloods DIY

also got the kerb function working, only thing i cant get working is the puddle light i have added SA536 and coded the KGM.

I will post some pictures later of stages and tips I thought might add to Bloods DIY

Also got to say that Bruce's idea of using the existing passenger wires worked a treat and helps save time on a already big job.

Now just need to get my glovebox In and tidy up and it's finshed

If it ever stops raining
Old 12-30-2011, 07:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

got puddle lights sorted, should be SA563 not SA536
Old 12-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Contributors

Congrats, now go show your local dealer.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Members

Ok- have mirrors, got switch, what may be a stupid question- does it matter which order mirror fit/coding done in? At present am not sure as to the order I'll do this in and wondered if its important. thanks to anyone who can answer this
Old 03-08-2012, 01:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krisbiker2
Ok- have mirrors, got switch, what may be a stupid question- does it matter which order mirror fit/coding done in? At present am not sure as to the order I'll do this in and wondered if its important. thanks to anyone who can answer this
Don`t think it matters but do the mirrors first anyway, seams logical.

Quick Reply: DIY for SA430 mirrors