DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

DIY: E60 HD Radio Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by Sublime
Not sure? - I saw a used car listing with a 650i that had pre-lci CCC and traffic info. It made me wonder if this was not something that could just be turned on or off.
I know that traffic info is free in Europe, the codes are transmitted in the radio waves, i think you have to pay for it in the states I could be wrong. In the CCC trace file it`s a function called "TMC" witch enables the nav to intercept the traffic codes from the radio,
Also the function "TP" enables the traffic programs to be heard from the radio (it interrupts all sound sources except the telephone).

TMC
aktiv

TP
aktiv
TP_FUNKTION
traffic programme
Old 09-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

Fantastic, I will go try this out now - thank you!

When I first started renting cars in Europe it would always startle me when the traffic reports asserted their way onto the radio - even with the volume down. As my German got better I grew to appreciate it.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Senior Members

Well that worked. I found a few options relating to TMC so I made them all 'aktiv' and sure enough under info sources Traffic Info came alive. I clicked on it and it sat for a minute collecting data - then displayed a ton of information on the ever-present congestion/construction around my area. I went into route preferences in navigation and it allowed me to select dynamic routing.

My first thought was, 'Where the heck was I when coding this was discovered?' Because to me this is by far the most impressive option I have enabled and in my mind I feel like everyone should know about this (assuming their hardware is compatible).

Thank you BLooD!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Well that worked. I found a few options relating to TMC so I made them all 'aktiv' and sure enough under info sources Traffic Info came alive. I clicked on it and it sat for a minute collecting data - then displayed a ton of information on the ever-present congestion/construction around my area. I went into route preferences in navigation and it allowed me to select dynamic routing.

My first thought was, 'Where the heck was I when coding this was discovered?' Because to me this is by far the most impressive option I have enabled and in my mind I feel like everyone should know about this (assuming their hardware is compatible).

Thank you BLooD!

Very cool. This needs to make it into our spreadsheet.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Senior Members

I would still be interested in seeing an FSW from a US CCC that has RTTI - something isn't completely right because when I check the dynamic routing option it un-checks itself next time I start the car.

Sorry to completely change the course of this thread.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Members
Senior Members

I would still be interested in seeing an FSW from a US CCC that has RTTI - something isn't completely right because when I check the dynamic routing option it un-checks itself next time I start the car.

Sorry to completely change the course of this thread.
Keep us updated please, I read this because I'm thinking about going HD and your discovery makes me want to play even more. Haven't had my car for 3 months so I'm excited to code again.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Senior Members

Well the dynamic routing feature may uncheck itself but today I used nav and it warned me that there was traffic along the route. Kind of awesome
Old 10-05-2011, 09:25 AM
New Members

I have an '09 (Pre-LCI) X5 with the CCC that has RTTI. I just bought the IBOC module from ebay and I'm going to retro it. If you can tell me how to get that file, I don't mind sharing it.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by BLooD
I know that traffic info is free in Europe, the codes are transmitted in the radio waves, i think you have to pay for it in the states I could be wrong. In the CCC trace file it`s a function called "TMC" witch enables the nav to intercept the traffic codes from the radio,
Also the function "TP" enables the traffic programs to be heard from the radio (it interrupts all sound sources except the telephone).

TMC
aktiv

TP
aktiv
TP_FUNKTION
traffic programme
Replying to my own post here ,

CA_TMC is traffic info+, im unsure what the requirements for this is though.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by BLooD
Replying to my own post here ,

CA_TMC is traffic info+, im unsure what the requirements for this is though.

Looks like Traffic Info Plus is a previous version of RTTI which is a BMW service that enhances the public info in the Traffic Message Channel service.

Quick Reply: DIY: E60 HD Radio Retrofit